+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gathering Addons...

Default Gathering Addons...

I would love to have an Add-on something like Gather for WoW. I'm not sure if is possible to do on Rift considering it hasn't been done. Even if the add-on could not remember node locations, it would still be really nice to have it change the in game silver diamond to the actual inventory icon for each individual node on the mini map, and the world map.

I would also really like to have an item breakdown in the tooltip. For example. If you mouse over a crafted item, it tells you in the tool tip, how many of each mat it takes to make it.
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 07-05-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Telaran

We do not have Map access yet in the API. We can't add points to it, nor change the way waypoints look. It will probably be adding sometime in the future, but atm there are more important features to get into the API. So for now, no Gatherer-like addon (although it is already very very easy to farm materials, using the different maps available online, for example http://psiharis.com/rift/parser/), but maybe in the future

As far as I know, the Rift API does not give access to the data required to give a breakdown of items. Therefore, it would require an immense amount of manual work to insert the breakdown for every crafted item. I may be wrong, but I don't see this happening for the foreseeable future.

Sorry!

Ty for the info, I really like the gathering addons just for the quality of life i guess. I dont have trouble farming just makes it easier to know what kinda node it is with out having to mouse over it. Not really I huge issue though. And as far as the tooltip addon, yeah that would be an insane amount of work to do manually.
    Last edited by Nerva3x0; 07-05-2012 at 10:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread