+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoomSprout

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Addon problems with 1.9?

Plane Touched

Default Addon problems with 1.9?

I am not a computer expert at all, but I have a question and will tell you all i have tried

1) When I booted up 1.9 addons were gone, not in directory.

2) I went to curse which then updated to 5.0.

3) I had computer search for all games on computer (previously i had rift and rift 2 listed - havent a clue why but the addons in rift 2 worked). Now I have rift, rift 2, rift 3 and rift 4. Installed addon into each "game". None show

4) Tracked where rift was looking for addon.... It is a different folder than where curse put it (rift looks in a document file in a user name, not in the rift folder that curse puts in in)

5) I was able to simply move the add-on to the folder rift looks at and it seems to work (KBMs is down atm i think right?)

6) Is there a way to change either curse or rift to download/look in correct folder?

Treaa

KBM should work fine. I install it via the Curse Client when I push new updates to ensure it all works without hassle.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

I think the default location for addons has moved out of the game directory and under My Documents. If you already have addons in the game directory, they stay there (I think, could be totally wrong).

If this is correct, I guess the Curse client will need to be updated to appropriately handle this somehow.

- Wildtide

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Found the relevant patch note. Don't think this ever made it into the actual 1.9 release notes:

* Added a valid Addon directory under My Documents. Rift will use this new directory if it has things in it. If not, it will check the old directory under the Rift install location. If neither location has addons installed, it will use the new location. This shouldn't break any existing installations, although new addon users will have their addons stored in a new place. Addon update tool developers should be aware of this change!

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    Found the relevant patch note. Don't think this ever made it into the actual 1.9 release notes:

* Added a valid Addon directory under My Documents. Rift will use this new directory if it has things in it. If not, it will check the old directory under the Rift install location. If neither location has addons installed, it will use the new location. This shouldn't break any existing installations, although new addon users will have their addons stored in a new place. Addon update tool developers should be aware of this change!
    Whoops, good catch. Thanks, added that as an errata

+ Reply to Thread