+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: FYI: Addon "BananAH" does not work in 1.9

Default FYI: Addon "BananAH" does not work in 1.9

I love this addon. It's the way I wish the AH would operate. Anyhoo, it doesn't work with 1.9

Anyone know how to contact the developer?

There were some major and significant changes to the Addon system with the release of 1.9. Expect lots of addon updates over the next couple days as we all get the kinks worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    I love this addon. It's the way I wish the AH would operate. Anyhoo, it doesn't work with 1.9

Anyone know how to contact the developer?
    Says on curse he/she is aware of it and there's bugs
    Its a shame this is the only one.. well that I am aware of
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Soulwalker

Because this addon is so indispensible, I decided to try my hand at making it workable in the meantime. Even though I never developed an addon before, the helpful messages that the error handler displayed were enough for me to get it back to post auctions (the banana icon is gone though so you have to type /bah manually to open it again).

With any text editor, 2 files need to be changed:

1st file:
    BananAH\LibBInterface\BMoneySelector.lua

Line 10: Replace with
    self.silverInput:SetText(string.format("%d", silver))

Line 14: Replace with
    self.goldInput:SetText(string.format("%d", gold))

Line 18: Replace with
    self.platinumInput:SetText(string.format("%d", platinum))

2nd file:
    BananAH\LibBInterface\BSlider.lua

Line 6: Replace with
    self.textField:SetText(string.format("%d", self.currentValue))

Basically what seems to be wrong is that using self.secretLabel.SetText("some_string") and then calling self.secretLabel.GetText() doesn't return the original string.

So I've short-circuited the process by passing the original string directly.

Still hoping for a patch though, I'm just applying band-aid fixes.

--EDIT--

Seems like the creator has released a temporary working version on his site. The download is in a link near the bottom of the first page of the thread: http://forums.bananah.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12
    Last edited by xiankai; 06-30-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Plane Touched

I didn't want to release that half baked creature as it's plagued by bugs and has some features disabled (batch posting), but now you've already posted a link, you can download it directly from http://www.sendspace.com/file/qm83nr

I'm trying to release a more stable version later today, but if you decide to try that temporary version, please send me any error you find through this thread or the bananah.net forums, so I can fix it before releasing 0.3.1

On another note, I find impressive you're actually trying to fix it Also, I encourage you all to try improve it or develop an alternate auction house addon, so this situation doesn't ever happen in future patches. Feel free to use BananAH source code if you find it useful.

Diu

Quote Originally Posted by Baanano View Post
    I didn't want to release that half baked creature as it's plagued by bugs and has some features disabled (batch posting), but now you've already posted a link, you can download it directly from http://www.sendspace.com/file/qm83nr

I'm trying to release a more stable version later today, but if you decide to try that temporary version, please send me any error you find through this thread or the bananah.net forums, so I can fix it before releasing 0.3.1

On another note, I find impressive you're actually trying to fix it Also, I encourage you all to try improve it or develop an alternate auction house addon, so this situation doesn't ever happen in future patches. Feel free to use BananAH source code if you find it useful.
    That site is a mess, my antivirusprogram won't let me download anything from there... anyone got an alternative downloadserver?

Downloaded the new version form 6/30; it's riddled with errors.

items disappear and re-apppear, you click on one item and it displays a different one, etc.

I'm working with it, and around it, but hopefully see some additional fixes soon.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Champion of Telara

Posting an item moves the default selected back to top of list. Previously, it would go to the next item. Please change it back. If you go down your list to put items back, it's quite inefficient to have to scroll back to the bottom of the list at the place you were just at to continue to post.

I can't get it to work period. I open the UI, re-scan the AH, and every time I click on a new item to put up for auction, it continues to show the first item in my list (and that's if it displays an item at all).

The price screen keeps glitching... it changes randomly, then changes back quickly; and it happens repeatedly, not just when posting an auction... like it's trying to look at 5 different auctions at once.

As much as I love the functionality of this add-on, I'm disabling it until it's more stable. With the new watchdog, and all the hoopla over how it works, I'm concerned that this could be affecting my other add-ons.

I'll keep an eye out of updates and remain hopeful!

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Posting an item moves the default selected back to top of list. Previously, it would go to the next item. Please change it back. If you go down your list to put items back, it's quite inefficient to have to scroll back to the bottom of the list at the place you were just at to continue to post.
    Hi Zerosum, I'll quote my own response to this same issue when it was reported on Curse:

Unfortunately, this is a side effect of the rework needed to deal with 1.9 changes. I'm currently rewritting the UI code to bring back the old behavior. No ETA though, but I'm doing my best to make the addon as stable as it was in 1.8 before adding new features.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post
    I can't get it to work period. I open the UI, re-scan the AH, and every time I click on a new item to put up for auction, it continues to show the first item in my list (and that's if it displays an item at all).

The price screen keeps glitching... it changes randomly, then changes back quickly; and it happens repeatedly, not just when posting an auction... like it's trying to look at 5 different auctions at once.
    Hi Hawkmoon,

First of all, let me apologize for not having answered your former post, I wishfully expected the version released on Curse and RiftUI that same day would have solved your problems.

The issue you report is really weird, but I can believe it happening with the amount of changes needed to update the addon to 1.9. I'm the first one that isn't comfortable with the current version of BananAH, but unfortunately I can't reproduce the behavior you describe to try fix it, as there are many new factors that could be causing it and I can't control, like your machine specs or other addons you have running.

So I agree the best solution in your situation is to disable BananAH, and I'm very sorry I can't offer you a better one. Please keep an eye on future versions of the addon and the incoming hotfix to the watchdog to see if they help solve your issue or at least can give us a clue on what might be failing.

Soulwalker

Default Error: Bananah running too slow

Error: performance warning
    In BananAH / (LibCron task)
    stack traceback:
    BananAH/AuctionsFrame.lua:64: in function 'SetValue'
    LibBInterface/BDataGrid.lua:138: in function 'SetRowContent'
    LibBInterface/BDataGrid.lua:228: in function 'ApplyOrderAndFilter'
    LibBInterface/BDataGrid.lua:432: in function 'SetData'
    BananAH/AuctionsFrame.lua:200: in function 'callback'
    BananAH/Services/Searcher.lua:55: in function 'CheckEnd'
    BananAH/Services/Searcher.lua:64: in function 'AssignScore'
    BananAH/Services/Searcher.lua:95: in function 'callback'
    BananAH/PriceScorers/MarketPrice.lua:47: in function 'scoreFunction'
    BananAH/Services/Modules.lua:197: in function 'callback'
    BananAH/Services/Modules.lua:147: in function 'CollectPrice'
    BananAH/Services/Modules.lua:151: in function 'callback'
    LibCron/LibCron.lua:117: in function <LibCron/LibCron.lua:117>
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    [C]: in function 'Dispatch'
    LibCron/LibCron.lua:29: in function <LibCron/LibCron.lua:22>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Baanano View Post
    Based on this data, I expect the auction volume to be around 20k auctions per full scan.

Please, let's continue this on a new thread or this one so we don't steal the Gadgets one.

Could you upload the BananAH.lua shard saved variables file somewhere so I can analyze it? It doesn't contain any personal info, just the auction data you have collected.
    Good guess: 17,224 total auctions. Here's my BananAH.lua:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/42le.../n/BananAH_lua

Champion of Telara

Is there a way to set all items to 'unhide'? Basically clear the hide flag without clearing the ah.db?

Because of the way the addon defaults to the top most item now, I can just hide items after I put some of them up on the AH so they don't clutter up the list. But when I check the AH again (usually once every 24 hours) I want everything to be un-hidden and shown so I can repeat that process of going down my list to put things up.

I don't put up everything every single time. I usually turn around 500-600 different items every 24 hours, so it's not possible to just hold everything in inventory while I do so. My previous way was the fastest when I didn't have to scroll so much. Thanks.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Was wondering if this addon is still being updated? I pulled the last "stable" and the latest "alpha" revision from curseforge the other month and all of a sudden since two hot fixes ago, this addon has completely ceased to function. With and without the compatibility mode.

I go to post an action via the addon UI, and the addon thinks it posted to the system, but does nothing.
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast