+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted: Basic Addon

Default Wanted: Basic Addon

I basically want an add on that will print in my chat log who attacks Azul Searbone while he has the buff "Molten Rejuvenation" up during the encounter Warboss Drak inside Infernal Dawn. It's not that we can't kill it as we do every week - but people prolong it by healing him over and over and I'm sick of using ACT and going through parses manually to tell people how not-so-intelligent they are.

If you can help me out with a quick addon for that, I'd be willing to toss $10 through paypal to you for that. In case someone wants to pick it up and take care of it, please just reply in the thread so no one else starts making it.

I was trying my hand at modifying an existing add on to do it that but I'm busy tonight and all day tomorrow and would like it done asap in a way that I would know that it's working. (Don't know LUA all that well).

I'll take a crack at it, but I will need some help, because I am not fighting in Infernal Dawn. What I need to make the addon international is the following:
    1. The buff ID of "Molten Rejuvenation"
    2. The unit ID of "Azul Searbone"
    Without these two numbers, the addon will work in English without a hitch, but might hiccup in other languages. When the addon is done and working, I will put it on Curse and RiftUI, where links to my PayPal exist, if you are so inclined to donate.

Semele, you most likely have those two numbers, almost certainly the Unit ID. Just post here or PM me, thanks.

I actually use a dictionary base rather than ID numbers (although ID numbers are sometimes used for duplicate boss names in different locations). UIDs work OK, but they fall down when it comes to Menus/Options.

Anyhow, this should help and be all you need for now, unfortunately no Korean yet, but its a start. C&P incoming from Drak mod.

Code:
    WD.Lang.Unit.Azul = KBM.Language:Add("Azul Searbone")
    WD.Lang.Unit.Azul:SetFrench("Azul Flambos")
    WD.Lang.Unit.Azul:SetGerman("Azul Sengknochen")
    WD.Lang.Unit.Azul:SetRussian("Азул Костежог")

WD.Lang.Ability.Molten = KBM.Language:Add("Molten Rejuvenation")
    WD.Lang.Ability.Molten:SetFrench("Rajeunissement en fusion")
    WD.Lang.Ability.Molten:SetGerman("Geschmolzene Verjüngung")
    WD.Lang.Ability.Molten:SetRussian("Расплавленное обновление")
    Last edited by Semele; 06-14-2012 at 06:02 AM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Semele, I can work with that, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Semele, I can work with that, thank you very much!
    Thanks much!

I should have a *very* pre-alpha this weekend for you, theepiphany. I'll post it here, or create a project page on Curseforge for you to try out. Once you do, assuming you have no bugs or errors, I need you to send me your saved variables file please.

You should install nkDebug just in case, and if it catches errors, take screenshots, crop them, and post please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    I should have a *very* pre-alpha this weekend for you, theepiphany. I'll post it here, or create a project page on Curseforge for you to try out. Once you do, assuming you have no bugs or errors, I need you to send me your saved variables file please.

You should install nkDebug just in case, and if it catches errors, take screenshots, crop them, and post please and thank you.
    Sure, whatever you'd like. Be happy to help. Thanks again.

Sorry for the delay; I got sick and confined to bed all weekend, then when I was recovering, my monitor cable(!) died, which is now replaced, but I had to wait for the store to be open.

Because of this delay, I didn't get nearly the work done on this addon as I wanted. Right now, all it does is check via internal true/false flag if someone hit the boss during combat while he has the buff, then print to the user's chat. Due to API limitations, the addon cannot print to chat for everybody to see.

On my to-do list: post combat list of who hit and how many times, a GUI options frame, an on-screen notification icon, and possible support for KBM to make it a plugin. The last one is iffy, because it would then force people to install King Boss Mods, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

Time frame for the basic, basic, no frills version is either later today or tomorrow. The fancy stuff will be pushed back. Please remember that I can't test this against the actual boss, which is why it will be on Curseforge as an alpha. I will try to make it as bug free as possible before I post to CF, however.

Again, apologies for the delay.

Alpha is almost done. I just need some help figuring out if anyone in the group is in combat, even if the player is not (dead, afk, offline, etc) and once that's done, I'll put it on CF for testing.

Once testing is good, I am moving on to localizing for other languages, options, and other good stuff.

Side note: I am porting AceLocale-3.0 to Rift, but after the alpha is working. The advantage is "AceLocale-3.0 manages localization in addons, allowing for multiple locale to be registered with fallback to the base locale for untranslated strings." Plus the APIs.

+ Reply to Thread