+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Assistance with making an addon please

RIFT Fan Site Operator carramus's Avatar

Default Assistance with making an addon please

I've done a lot of coding over the years and just picked up coding addon's. I was wondering if someone could help me as I'm stuck with making this one work. I have the button built and the ability to move it around the screen to relocate it. What I'm after is if it is possible to code in to it the ability to open the player's inventory bags on a single click? It would work the same as if you clicked on the inventory search button, but wouldn't initiate the search bar.

Through all of the information I have searched, I'm thinking there isn't an API developed for the inventory bags yet?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks,

I think the easiest way to do this would be by having the user provide the keybind they use to open all of their bags and then passing that command when ever you needed to (though I'm not sure if we can pass keyboard commands back to the native ui).

You should check out the IRC channel for beta development if you haven't already. It is on irc.freenode.net and the channel is #riftuidev. Imhothar is on there most of the time and he will be a good resource for you since he is working on a bag addon. ZorbaTHut is also on there, who if you don't know is the Trion employee that works on the addon system. :P

Loggin off,
    -Ingshtrom

I'm not aware of a mechanism to open the bags.

First of all, we don't have a function to open any frame in the UI.Native.* table. So in order for doing anything like that the Addon needs to execute a macro, which only works whether there is actually a macro command to open all bags (haven't checked).

ImhoBags is my creation and one day it will hopefully be usable as a full replacement for the default bags, but that's a long way to go as the API is missing some crucial features for that to work.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    ImhoBags is my creation and one day it will hopefully be usable as a full replacement for the default bags, but that's a long way to go as the API is missing some crucial features for that to work.
    I'm just gonna butt in here for a sec -

Can you do a quick writeup on what features would be necessary? Right now, the two main missing features I know of are a malfunctioning Command.Cursor() and some ability to trigger "default lclick/rclick/drag/drop behavior" on items. If that's enough, sweet, if it's not, tell me what else would be needed.
    Last edited by ZorbaTHut; 06-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post

Can you do a quick writeup on what features would be necessary? Right now, the two main missing features I know of are a malfunctioning Command.Cursor() and some ability to trigger "default lclick/rclick/drag/drop behavior" on items. If that's enough, sweet, if it's not, tell me what else would be needed.
    Sir, yes, sir!

Telaran

Is this secret code for "I'm about to release these features, am I missing anything else?" :P Haha.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Arcii View Post
    Is this secret code for "I'm about to release these features, am I missing anything else?" :P Haha.
    Close, yeah It's been a wart for a while - I've wanted to polish things up to support better inventory addons for quite a long time.

Telaran

Close, yeah It's been a wart for a while - I've wanted to polish things up to support better inventory addons for quite a long time.
    Awesome! You're the man!

Texture:SetBlendMode()

RIFT Fan Site Operator carramus's Avatar

Thanks for all of the input. It looks like you guys are already on to something in regards to what I'm working on too. The idea was a simple one or so I thought. But I'll explain what happens to me quite often and the reason I attempted to make an addon. When I'm mounted and riding along, I like to quickly look at all my bags and the inventory in them. So, what I've been doing out of habit is to click on the search icon, but what ends up happening is that the text search box begins to fill with w's until I realize I'm now typing instead of riding. Similiarly, when I'm fishing, I press the 2 to react to the fish catch alert, again, I like to open my bags with my mouse and I'll hit the search button, then when a catch is triggered, I tap 2 only to be filling in the search area with 2's, lol.

I know there is a key bind for 'b' to open all bags. But I'm assuming there isn't a way to bind the keydown(b) event to a left click button event, correct? So the when the button is clicked, it reacts as if the keyboard 'b' was pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by carramus View Post
    Thanks for all of the input. It looks like you guys are already on to something in regards to what I'm working on too. The idea was a simple one or so I thought. But I'll explain what happens to me quite often and the reason I attempted to make an addon. When I'm mounted and riding along, I like to quickly look at all my bags and the inventory in them. So, what I've been doing out of habit is to click on the search icon, but what ends up happening is that the text search box begins to fill with w's until I realize I'm now typing instead of riding. Similiarly, when I'm fishing, I press the 2 to react to the fish catch alert, again, I like to open my bags with my mouse and I'll hit the search button, then when a catch is triggered, I tap 2 only to be filling in the search area with 2's, lol.

I know there is a key bind for 'b' to open all bags. But I'm assuming there isn't a way to bind the keydown(b) event to a left click button event, correct? So the when the button is clicked, it reacts as if the keyboard 'b' was pushed.

I think this could actually be done pretty easily with Auto Hotkey by setting it up so that when you left click in a certain area on the screen (the search button) that it sends the keystroke 'b' instead of a left click.

+ Reply to Thread