+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [ADDON] Gadgets: Warden

Default [ADDON] Gadgets: Warden

Just uploaded a new Gadget, designed to help out with Whack-a-Mole Warden healing

Rift UI
    CurseForge

(Both pending approval at the moment)

It's one I've been meaning to write for a long time, and finally got around to creating tonight. This means it hasn't been tested in a real situation yet, and it's a bit rough around the edges, but it seems to work.

The basic idea is you add a gadget for each target you want to keep hotted up, line them all up however you want on your screen, and then just keep clicking each buff bar before it runs out.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Plane Touched

Oh, I thought it actually had moles to whack

I've played a healer for some years and wanted a healing addon that had moles instead of bars since the first time I saw a click to heal addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baanano View Post
    Oh, I thought it actually had moles to whack

I've played a healer for some years and wanted a healing addon that had moles instead of bars since the first time I saw a click to heal addon.
    LOL, you realise I'm going to have to have a go at creating that now

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    LOL, you realise I'm going to have to have a go at creating that now
    I've thought about it and believe it wouldn't be a good idea to release such an addon. Sure it would be fun to write it, but imagine you add it enough functionality to make it able to compete with the top line healing addons and players switch to it... I don't want RIFT to become "that game where you heal by hitting moles in the head".

On the other hand, developing it for personal use and uploading a world first video where you used it would be pure win... But, no, forget the idea, I can't see an outcome that wouldn't hurt the game.

Back to the original topic, you're doing a great job with your addons. I find in them a good balance between simplicity & functionality, coupled with a nice UI.

You're probably right, though if mole-based healing frames became the norm, I think I'd be quite worried about the prospects of the human race

+ Reply to Thread