+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RiftUI Upload Approval

Default RiftUI Upload Approval

This probably isn't the right place to post this, but I'm hoping Seebs can answer it.

On RiftUI, is there a mechanism for automatically publishing files, similar to CurseForge when using the repository?

There are two reasons for the question...

1. It would be really cool if there was.

and

2. I'm wondering if it's already there, because the last couple of updates I've made to Gadgets seem to have been instantly approved at times when most of America is in bed

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Champion

Yes there is. Simply access the 'SVN Control Panel' from the 'Author' button. Then choose the option 'Make ZIP' for the repository and you're ready to publish.

Cheers
    N.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    Yes there is. Simply access the 'SVN Control Panel' from the 'Author' button. Then choose the option 'Make ZIP' for the repository and you're ready to publish.

Cheers
    N.
    I tried that before (though using Git), but it still submitted the resulting file for approval. On CurseForge, using a repo skips the approval step completely.

What I do is setup projects on both curse and riftui with git repositories and simply add both repositories as git remotes so that when I git-push it goes to both. All you need to do is create tags then and both curse and riftui will automatically create a release. Works really well.

If you use tortoisegit you need to push to each repository separately (just set them both up and select each from the remote dropdown in the tortoisegit ui). If you are using the command-line then it's easier:

git remote add a curseRepoURL
    git remote add b riftuiRepoURL

then

git remote update

will send updates to both.

If you have multiple people working on your project then choose one of the repos as your primary for updates (otherwise you'll need a more complex configuration with some sort of 3rd merge repo).
    Last edited by NerfedWar; 05-15-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Thanks both for the info.

I actually use a combination of command line, and EGit within Eclipse. I've never been a big fan of using Explorer to handle version control, so don't tend to use Tortoise*.

Not being a hardcore Git user, I had no idea you could have multiple remotes. That's handy to know. For my day job development (C#, Visual Studio), I tend to use PlasticSCM which is excellent, though I am steadily growing to like Git more and more as I work with it.

Anyway... I guess RiftUI doesn't sidestep approval for repo based projects in the way Curse does? Not a major problem, I just feel a bit bad making some poor volunteer have to go and review my addon every time I make a change (I made three in a row last night as I kept messing up my release ).

Quote Originally Posted by DoomSprout View Post
    Thanks both for the info.

I actually use a combination of command line, and EGit within Eclipse. I've never been a big fan of using Explorer to handle version control, so don't tend to use Tortoise*.

Not being a hardcore Git user, I had no idea you could have multiple remotes. That's handy to know. For my day job development (C#, Visual Studio), I tend to use PlasticSCM which is excellent, though I am steadily growing to like Git more and more as I work with it.

Anyway... I guess RiftUI doesn't sidestep approval for repo based projects in the way Curse does? Not a major problem, I just feel a bit bad making some poor volunteer have to go and review my addon every time I make a change (I made three in a row last night as I kept messing up my release ).
    ahh, I didn't read your original message correctly. I wasn't aware the crease zip part required manual intervention. Would be cool if the packager was automatic.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    ahh, I didn't read your original message correctly. I wasn't aware the crease zip part required manual intervention. Would be cool if the packager was automatic.
    Yep, I stopped using Create ZIP tbh, when I realised it still submitted the file to be approved. At the moment, I am using a Curse repo exclusively, letting it generate the ZIP when I tag the branch, then downloading the resulting ZIP and uploading it straight to RiftUI.

In fact, thinking about it, I don't actually have the option of doing anything else. I'm using Curse's Localization system, which means my addon has to go through Curse's packager to have the translations inserted. D'oh... Really need to engage my brain before I start posting pointless questions on here

Still, I learned something, so thanks for that

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

There's an automated publish-from-repo, but it still uses the approval form. We are cautious there. Also we keep really weird hours.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    There's an automated publish-from-repo, but it still uses the approval form. We are cautious there. Also we keep really weird hours.
    The Earth is round, so... define "weird hours", please
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiri View Post
    Lies! It's flat, with turtles all the way down!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiri View Post
    Well, I don't know of any hour during a day where I could confidently predict that no RiftUI people would be watching the queue.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread