+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [LIB] nkGenie

Champion

Default [LIB] nkGenie

Hi guys,

Finally I decided to release nkGenie as a library for other authors to use. So far I didn't want to take this step due to the responsability coming with it. However related to my recent call for help and avidgamers support I decided to go ahead and offer it to other addon authors.

A lot of work went into the creation of the library. The benefit is easily being seen if you look at the functionality the nkAddon range offers. All of the addons are heavily based on nkGenie so I believe I didn't that bad of a job creating that addon (please mentally picture a panting dog begging for approval by owner )

I started documenting the library over at RiftUI's wiki: Click me

In case you'd want to include the library in your addons you can download it over at RiftUI. That will be the only place I'll maintain the code of nkGenie for public use.

Hope you'll find the library of some use. The least this whole thing will be helpfull for the guys trying to improve my addons. They'd probably be lost without that documentation

P.S.: You'll have to live with bad English language skills and a lot of typos in that wiki. Corrections are always welcome

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 05-13-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Are you using RiftUI's repository system? I only ask because that would always grab the latest version every time someone tags a release if their addon also used repositories, all without manually checking (and sometimes forgetting to check) to see if you have updated.

If not, it isn't a big deal, although it does make things a great deal easier for other developers.

Champion

I'm using the SVN repository of RiftUI. Do you mean this? Is there anything else I could do to make things easier for authors interested in using the lib?

Cheers
    N.

Nope, that was it, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread