+ Reply to Thread

Thread: API Support for Inspect Raid Gear

Default API Support for Inspect Raid Gear

I had the thought to create an addon that transcribes the item information available when you inspect someone into a table for the entire raid; as in, you can quickly see the gear of everyone in the raid.

Inspect.Item. Detail/Find/List seemed to be the functions dealing with items, but I did not see a way to get the data from raid members, just from your own character.

Has anyone experience with the item system being able to handle other people's items?

The goal of such an addon would be:
    - Have a tab with the sigil/machine of everyone in the raid so that raid leaders could remind people to swap to their fire or water or earth machines.
    - Have a tab with basic member stats such as HP/Focus/Hit/Toughness/SP/AP/SC/AC/Resist
    - Have a tab or 2 with raid members actual gear. This would assist in council loot type activity and to help the raid leaders identify where gear needs to go.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Champion

There's no direct access to other player's gear. However with the new 1.8 functionality where addons can 'talk' to each other a gearscore erhm sorry raid gear check addon could be achieved. However everybody in the raid would need to have the addon installed. Then these 'slaves' could broadcast item information to the master.

There are some challenges as the item type and item key information from one char will not work for the other to get the details I believe. Not sure as I'm sitting in the office and can't check but I belive that my nkItemLib thing could help you there. Take a look at nkAdvisor the lib comes with that addon.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 04-24-2012 at 06:54 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Item types are portable, but you can't necessarily get item details for an item you haven't seen locally. No crash, just nil results.

Wouldn't be super hard to improve on this, really. I have no idea whether we will ever get access to other people's equipment. I care more about getting access to their wardrobe. :P
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Item types are portable, but you can't necessarily get item details for an item you haven't seen locally. No crash, just nil results.
    In fact Inspect.Item.Detail() may even throw an error when the item type is not known. However, waiting for a second or two makes the item type loaded in the client and available to subsequent Inspect.Item.Detail() calls. I encounter this in IB almost every time I load the invnetory of alts.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Imhothar View Post
    However, waiting for a second or two makes the item type loaded in the client and available to subsequent Inspect.Item.Detail() calls.
    While this works almost ever, there are some item types that won't be loaded unless you actually see them.

Well, the simple route if I pursued this would be using NK Advisor. Since I could broadcast the item ID I would just need the addon to look at NK Advisor's Database that has those IDs and use it to build that sheet instead of using the game to do so.

The problem I run into now is that I would need everyone in the raid to have this installed, and I'm not sure I'm willing to mandate that. We have several people who are very against installing addons, and this would just serve to complicate that.

For now I guess I'm stuck watching this forum to see if a future update adds the ability to inspect raid data.

+ Reply to Thread