+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding pictures/graphics in-game

Soulwalker

Default Adding pictures/graphics in-game

I'm not to familiar with making mods or with Rifts addon language but I was wondering if it was currently possible to make a mod that allowed you to add your own pictures/textures in-game. Like for example would it be possible to add the elite spike texture around the player frame so that it makes our chars look like elites? Just fun little fluff like that? Or an animated rotating arcane rune border for our minimap? Also how possible is it to have these textures appear when certain events happen? Like a blood spatter texture on the screen when you crit?

I've seen the failboat appear in chat. Reminiscent of the internet before the wibbly web. You might start there

Kidding aside, maybe take a look at how kbm affects our ui for encounters...
    Last edited by Hotter; 04-22-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UprightMonkey View Post
    Also how possible is it to have these textures appear when certain events happen? Like a blood spatter texture on the screen when you crit?
    1. make a context
    2. make a texture frame in this context
    3. set this frame's texture to your blood splatter pic
    4. set frame's visibility to false
    4. make Event.Combat.Damage handler
    5. when your Event.Combat.Damage handler receives crit, set blood frame's visibility to true, start a timer, when timer ends, set frame's visibility to false.
    6. implement handling of "received another crit event while blood splatter was visible"
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

+ Reply to Thread