+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [ADDON] nkThings - A unit frame addon

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkThings - A unit frame addon

This one has a strange history. At the beginning I only wanted to create an addon which displays percent value on the default target frames and a moveable combo frame. From there one thing lead to another and one week later it turned out to be a complete unit frame addon. Being able to build addons can be a cursed. So much for enjoying patch 1.8 of which I haven't seen anything so far. But hey it's cool cause I'm happy with the result.

You can download the addon using these links:

RiftUI
    Curse

nkThings is an unit frame addon aiming at making the unit frames more informative and visually appealing. It supports all classes and provides the following unit frames:
    • Player
    • Player's target
    • Player's target target
    • Player's pet
    • Player's pet target
    • Focus target
    • Focus target target

For all unit frames it will show health in numbers and percent as well as power (energy, mana, power). Each unit frame includes a cast bar which is colored blue if it's interruptable and yellow if not. Furthermore the soul vitality and planar count / max is displayed. Special buffs like 'dogma' are separated from the buff list and showed to the right of a unit frame. The same is true for rogue combo points on the target.

The addon knows two different alpha level: In and out of combat. This way you can hide the unit frames or make them nearly invisble if out of combat.

In the configuration (accessible by either (nk) Button or /nkt) you can change various settings per unit frame. Simply hit the 'update' button at the bottom to update the frames according to your settings.

Please keep in mind this is version 1.0.0. Allthough I tried to optimize performance as much as possible and looked for bugs there will surely be some problems. Please use the available tools either at curse.com or riftui.com to report bugs. On top of that you can always send me a bug by mail at nkaddons@gmail.com.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 04-21-2012 at 12:47 PM.

You forgot the links to your addon
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Champion

Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the original post with the links.

Another thing which came up is that there's a problem when also using Karuul Alert. Well it's not a problem caused by nkThing. Karuul Alert removes an important event which isn't such a good idea. See my post in Karuul Alert's thread: Click me

Until Karuul Alert gets fixed I advise to not use it in combination with any nkAddon as I'll be making even more use of the event in future patches of my addons.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Version 1.0.1 changelog

* New option to enable / disable cast bar
    * New option to enable / disable an unit frame
    * Buffs can now be cancelled by right-click (if canceable)
    * New buff/debuff display options: none / all / only mine
    * Frame alpha will not be set to 'out of combat' setting if moused over
    * Buffs and debuffs now show a tooltip

* Bug Fix: updating in config will now change alpha settings on bars
    * Bug Fix: updating in config will now recognize buff/debuff setting change correctly
    * Bug Fix: updated scale range to 20-250 (from 25-250) do allow selecting 100%
    * Bug fix: Fixed an issue sometimes preventing 'click to target' functionality
    * Bug fix: new sub settings will now be added to saved variables automatically
    * Bug fix: No errors anymore when porting
    * Bug fix: Elite / Boss display should now be more consistend

* Known issue: temporary buffs duplicated in the player's buff frame on port

I already use several of your other add-ons its great that your working on unit frames too.

Looking forward to watching this develop, thanks for starting this project

Been using these frames and so far I can't fault them. Even right click works on them!
    MUNCHY

Awesome change log update!

Bug - When using the slider for buffs 'icons per line' it does not work. Hitting update will not update in this situation nor does /reloadui . This is when 'show mine' is selected. However when you use 'deactivated' and /reloadui, it works fine. The buff sliders just seem to be really buggy, same with the drop down boxes.

Using the drop down boxes in other frames (playertarget, focus, etc) do not save with update or /reloadui

Switching roles does not change player frame icon, but if you are targeting yourself in any other frame, the role icon changes.
    Last edited by Zeth; 04-22-2012 at 08:35 AM.

<BREAKING BADS> : HK 11/11 : ID 5/8 : Main Bard
    Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth View Post
    Awesome change log update!

Bug - When using the slider for buffs 'icons per line' it does not work. Hitting update will not update in this situation nor does /reloadui . This is when 'show mine' is selected. However when you use 'deactivated' and /reloadui, it works fine.

I think the debuffs is working fine, havent tested that one too much though yet.
    Yeah got that bug report from a guild mate as well. Did a mistake with the slider settings and it's actually storing a value with 1 precision digit which is a problem. Version 1.0.2 will be published once I'm through with today's raid and nothing new arises in there.

Also I suggest to disable buffs / debuffs on pets and target of target. Allthough I reuse buff frames as much as possible the addon takes a huge amount of CPU% if a largish number of buffs/debuffs (e.g. textures) are displayed and shifted around. I'll have to put some thought into how I can reduce the changes even more.

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 04-22-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Perhaps put a threshold on the number of buffs/debuffs that can be displayed on a frame.

Breakings Bads is currently looking for an amazing INFERNAL DAWN Ready MAGE. Apply at Breaking Bads Website

Champion

Version 1.0.2 changelog

* improved hiding of deactivated (config) bars so the interaction areas are not active
    * improved frame redraw when updating from config
    * buffs casted by unit of a frame will always be shown (needed for bosses to see mechanism)
    * added hint regarding right click to buff tootltips
    * changed some default settings for new users

* bug fix: right click menu should now always work
    * bug fix: settings through sliders no longer produce precision digits causing problems
    * bug fix: active flag is now properly set when switching unit frames in config
    * bug fix: changing buff / debuff setting now is actually stored

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 04-22-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Soulwalker

is it possible to put the "Mark Number" above the health bar right side, so we have Elite/Boss left and Mark right plz ?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dooc View Post
    is it possible to put the "Mark Number" above the health bar right side, so we have Elite/Boss left and Mark right plz ?
    Good suggestion. I'll put it on the list.

Cheers
    N.

amaaaaazing updates, can't wait to try it out today in raid! ^_^

They don't seem to work for me, installed them and nothing shows up on my UI. Just get this error in my chatlog. Maybe it doesn't like one of my other addons?

edit: just zoned somewhere and they randomly started working. No idea why. When I relog they stop working again until I zone somewhere... /reloadui does nothing.

The unit frames are beautiful, but a huge dealbreaker is that there are no timer indicators for buffs/debuffs. :/ Any plans for those?
    Last edited by rantology; 04-22-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    afk tera.

Really cool so far. Can we expect to see things like the ability to change bar color, textures, and borders built into the config in the future?

Only one bug to report so far - I can't seem to disable showing buffs on player frame. Deactivating it seems to set it to 'show only mine'.

This is what I managed to do with a little LUA editing. Nice to be able to read the white texts by tweaking bar color.

Edit: forgot to mention classes on frames appear to be in German. Gotta also agree with Rantology, can't realistically use these in game until buffs/debuffs have timers.
    Last edited by Pipedreams; 04-22-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast