+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs

Thread: Generic settings: Anyone doing this already?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Generic settings: Anyone doing this already?

So, in the process of writing Merisioux, I wrote some glue code which could, with the addition of a day or two of work, be a fairly good General Purpose Setting Library.

Here's my thought. What if there were a LibSettings, which let you make addon settings which come into one of a handful of categories (strings, checkboxes, numbers, and so on), such that a single setting window showed, maybe in tabs or something, all the settings of the addons which used it?

Come to think of it, I believe WoW added something like that somewhere between BC and WotLK; the advantage was just that "addons" could be a category in the general settings so you didn't have to roll your own and explain to people how to find it.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, in the process of writing Merisioux, I wrote some glue code which could, with the addition of a day or two of work, be a fairly good General Purpose Setting Library.

Here's my thought. What if there were a LibSettings, which let you make addon settings which come into one of a handful of categories (strings, checkboxes, numbers, and so on), such that a single setting window showed, maybe in tabs or something, all the settings of the addons which used it?

Come to think of it, I believe WoW added something like that somewhere between BC and WotLK; the advantage was just that "addons" could be a category in the general settings so you didn't have to roll your own and explain to people how to find it.
    excellent idea! would really make things easier for players (and addon devs).
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Soulwalker

really good idea. nice to get rid of all that screen clutter!

+ Reply to Thread