+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request for addon

Soulwalker

Default Request for addon

Is there a add on to show my fps all the time and not hover over the system tab and look at the tool tip? is it even possible to make?

I don't think its possible with the current system. but you can download fraps (video software) and it puts an overlay on the corner of your screen that shows your FPS

Mumble also has a setting that can show your fps all the time in the upper left corner of your screen.

Plane Walker

I use the EVGA Precision tool which shows my FPS and the GPU temp. But I think you'll need a EVGA gpu, this is just a suggestion though.

Rift Disciple

an addon should be able to do this. hook Event.System.Update.Begin or Event.System.Update.End and calculate a rolling average of how many times per second the event handler is getting invoked.

-ken
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Sure, that'd be trivial. I can try to post a simple one later today. Only hard part is making it movable.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

It's totally possible - that "Null Addon" that I created for testing performance issues writes the FPS to the chat log every 2 seconds.

I would knock up a quick FPS addon for you, but the SeebsAddonFactory™ has already leapt into action

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

OK, I got bored... I've uploaded an FPS Monitor to RiftUI.

It is very basic, but it seems to do the job. It's called wtFPS, which is a little unfortunate starting with "wtf", but everything I write is prefixed 'wt' and I didn't feel like changing that for this one little addon

Hopefully it'll do what you need.

Cheers,

- Wild
    Last edited by DoomSprout; 04-16-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Gadgets: Unit Frames and Other Stuff for RIFT

Soulwalker

Holy cow I didnt think this would be this fast lol you guys are great Thank You

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

And here's me still at work for a bit longer.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread