+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Partial workaround to abort fallthrough

Telaran

Default Partial workaround to abort fallthrough

Thought this might interest a few people.

It appears that you can skip casts when a modifier isn't pressed by using something like this:
    focus @player
    cast [ctrl] @focus Healing Breath
    clearfocus [ctrl]
    cast @focus Healing Spray
    clearfocus

However, it obviously is using focus, but also suffers from spamming out messages of:
    Focus target: Mere
    Focus target:
    on use. These go to the system messages.

Not sure it'll help anyone, hopefully we'll get a a [nomod] modifier at some point so casts don't just fall through to the bottom.

Hmm, also playing with target puts together something similar, however, it sorta messes with your current target:
    target @player
    cast [ctrl] @player healing breath
    target [ctrl] @lasttarget
    target [ctrl] @
    cast healing spray
    target @lasttarget
    target [ctrl] @lasttarget

For a normal cast it's fine, you get the last target back, for a ctrl cast it doesn't get you back to any target.

My theory was that with ctrl you could go back to the last target (call them fred) then target nothing that should have set last target to fred, then cast at nothing, then return to the last target.

However, it seems that the cast actually hits fred without the double target last target at the end... Anyway it does skip the fallthrough cast, but it quite messy, and might annoy players if done from an addon as their target has disappeared (although that's only a side effect of ctrl casts)

Oh well, perhaps if:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/beta-addo...ml#post3670953
    gets implemented the need for this kind of dance will be gone.

The problem I noticed is that sometimes when you change target in a raid especially when the target has a lot of buffs it will freeze the game for half a second, at least for me, so i decided to not use any target change
    For the same reason I've never tried using the focus but that can be a almost valid workaround
    Last edited by Rompa; 04-11-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Telaran

Ouch, that's quite an impact for a target change, or is this if you're showing all the debuffs on target (I've see that pile of buffs being massive) vs just yours?

I wasn't thinking of using either solution, as focus is spammy, and target switching only sort of works, and I can see some addons etc would be confused to find your target change.

I figured I'd post something in case anyone else has a desperate need to avoid the fall through, or had other ideas about the issue.

I only show mines but it still does the same thing, so i decided to not change targets, because if it happens to me can happen to another user

I desperately need that [nomod]
    Last edited by Rompa; 04-11-2012 at 05:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread