+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question / Help Needed

Default Question / Help Needed

Heya all,
    I'm not realy a API Lua programmer, but i'm working on a 3th party program using VB.net programming where you can put in your current gear and then depending on what stat you like to upgrade for example you chose Atp you will get a list of gear that will all be an improvement on the current piece you have at that moment.

Let it be clear that in no case i want to put in any type of gearscores, because that is something that went totaly bad in WoW as far as i could read about it (never played WoW myself lol). so it will purly be based on the stats only.

ATM i have a basic database with the gear and the stats, only i like to go a step further in it and olso give the possibility to be able to see where you could get that piece of gear from. But to do that i will need a good database with all that information in it.

I know i could input that myself using the information to be found on the Zam website, but that will take ages to put all that info in manualy myself.

Now my question is, is there any place i could download or get a copy of a database with the Item names, item info/stats and drop/sell locations together in 1 database

this is just an little example picture of the program
    http://members.quicknet.nl/joanne.t/...20pic%2005.png
    Greetings

Joanne

if you didn't do already, take a look at this:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...n-one-too.html
    From the ftp download the File:Rift_Discoveries_2012-4-5.zip, into the file items.xml you'll find every info you need,but I didn't found where an item is sold
    Last edited by Rompa; 04-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Default Thx so much

Thx for pointing out that link, i think i will come heaps further with that and it will save me lots and lots of time

Rift Disciple

the data you can get from Trion's FTP site can be put together to tell you who sells purchasable items (you do this by combining data from the item and npc files), and you can do something similar with quest rewards and crafted items (via the quest and recipe files), but it doesn't include data about which mobs drop a particular item as loot.

as far as I can tell, in order to get good data such as "Dark Smoke Coif" is dropped by "Countess Surin Skenobar" in the expert-mode "Foul Cascade" instance, you either need to collect this yourself or gather it from existing websites.

-ken
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

Yeah i already found that out. It was a nice big database but just did not have all complete data i needed. So still some hard work to do for now to complete the lists the way i need them. But thx for the reply.

And i'm stillopen for help on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Hecateria View Post
    Yeah i already found that out. It was a nice big database but just did not have all complete data i needed. So still some hard work to do for now to complete the lists the way i need them. But thx for the reply.

And i'm stillopen for help on this one
    http://rift.xanadu-community.com/items.php?page=all

Get a hold of the xanadu devs and see if they can do an export query from their database to a csv.

Should bring you closer to your goal.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

+ Reply to Thread