+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naifu

Thread: [ADDON] nkRebuff Version 2.2.0 released

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkRebuff Version 2.2.0 released

Finally I found some time to work on nkRebuff and add some long awaited functionatly. Hope you all enjoy the new features.

New advanced 'show in combat' feature

Want to see some stuff out of combat but other only in combat? Now you can! Simply deactivate the generic 'show only in combat' checkbox and use the new option in the advanced configuration dialog. By right-clicking on an item in the tracking listings the advanced configuration dialog will show up. In there simply tick the checkbox 'show only in combat' and this item will only show in combat. Quite logical isn't it?

So with this new option available the default would be 'show always' and then you fine-tune which items you only want to have shown in combat. Easy isn't it?

Use nkRebuff as a regular buff addon

Well I don't know why you would want to do this, but hell you can now. By default nkRebuff will work as known for all these months and remind you about stuff you're missing. Did you hear me? Renew that stuff right away! But now you can have a reversed mode if you really need it. This reversed mode is activated per item in the advanced settings dialog. Simply right-click the item you want to track the buff duration for and activate the checkbox 'reverse mode: show if active'. This will do what it says and reverse nkRebuffs mode for this item alone. From then on the item will be shown if it's active. As soon as it has run out it will dissapear from the bars.

Track hots and other buffs on your target

Yes I did it! Allthough I don't care a bit about healers convenience I do care a lot about them healing me if I tank. So instead of hiding easter eggs for my beloved healers, I added a new tracking mode to nkRebuff.

First of all you'll find a new bar called 'Buffs target'. This bar will show all buffs cast by you on your current target. Well in default mode this will work exactely the same as nkRebuff did until now meaning it will show only items you want to track and your target and which ... welll you forgot to buff.

In the configuration there's a new tracking type called 'buffs - target' where you can specify which of your buffs are to be tracked on your target. Now comes the interesting part:

Open the advanced configuration dialog (right-click on item) and tick the checkbox 'reverse mode: show if active'. What this does is it reverses the functionality of nkRebuff for that item and will show it as long as it's active! Of course this is very handy for tracking heal-over-time effects on your target.

Some tweaks to the cooldown functionality

First of all there's a new global option to specify the global cooldown the addon should use. If you use cooldown tracking you can set this setting to 1.5 seconds to prevent cooldowns popping up all the time due to the gcb being initiated. This settings is mostly for mages I believe. The default is 1 second which should work for everybody else.

By default nkRebuff will show the duration of abilities for cooldowns you want to have tracked on a separate bar. In case you don't want that for a cooldown you now have an advanced setting called 'do not show activate ability'. Activating that setting will prevent the ability to show up once it's cooldown is used.

Debuff tracking list

As the addon already tracks debuffs on the player I thought it would be a nice thing to show a list of the last recorded debuffs in the configuration. Using this list you can actually get a bit more insight in new encounters. Hope you'll find this feature usefull.

Beware! The list is automatically purged upon relog and /reloadui. You can however purge it by using the button 'clear' if you need to do so. After opening nkRebuff use the button 'update' to update the list and have newly recorded debuffs shown in there.

Some other very nice stuff

If you use the separate warning bar but want some items not to show up on it, you can specifiy this per item using the advanced settings. Simply check 'do not use warning bar' and they will stay on their respective bar even if they tend to run out of time.

You can now assign priorities to items using the advanced configuration bar. Priorities range from 1 - 10. By default all items get a 10. At the moment this is only used for sorting the item lists. While this is already very handy, I have some ideas for using a priority system in future releases.

Last but not least there's now a tooltip when hovering items in the lists. The tooltip will tell you what the name and description of an item is. If available it will also show who can cast the item.

Version 2.2.0 changelog

new functionality

* it is now possible to track buffs (and hots) on your current target!
    * added new setting to define global cooldown (for mages) so that tracked CDs will no longer want to make themself known the whole time
    * a piority (1-10) can now be assigned to buffs, debuffs, etc in the advanced configuration dialog
    * the priority defined in the advanced configuration is used for sorting the lists
    * added new advanced configuration dialog setting for cooldowns to not show active ability if cooldown is used (default false), showed as 'NAT' in list
    * added new bar configuration 'buff bar target'
    * added buffs target to tracking type selection
    * added new advanced setting to not warn if buff, debuff, etc. is about to run out (only of use if separate bar is used to warn about things needing renewal)
    * added advanced settings to reverse mode: an item will be shown if active and not if missing (usefull for tracking HOTs on target!)
    * added advanced settings to hide buff and cooldowns out of combat - 'show only in combat' on main settings needs to be turned of for this to have an effect.

updates

* bars are now click-through if neither tooltip nor click to hide is activated
    * improved English translation (thx @ Absyn / US.Wolfsbane)
    * changed selection of tracking items to group similar items a bit more
    * renamed 'buff bar' to 'buff bar player'
    * a couple of code minor optimizations
    * changed advanced setting dialog labels for stacks to clarify their use
    * hovering over items in the track listings will now show a tooltip

bug fixes

* fixed typo for 'debuff bars' labels in english client
    * increasing the number of icons for a bar will no longer break the addon until reloadui
    * tooltip will now be cleared if hovered over icon is no longer visible

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 04-06-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you Naifu !

I use your addons daily and again thank you very much for your work !

Gratz

Fantastic work !
    Last edited by raoul; 04-06-2012 at 09:38 AM.
    BloodLust @ <Brisesol>, 11/11HK 4/4RP French Guild

Telaran

Where do you keep your settings file at? I'd really like to be able to just copy a file from live to pts instead of wasting 20 mins of my day setting this addon up on my PTS client.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    Use nkRebuff as a regular buff addon

Well I don't know why you would want to do this, but hell you can now. By default nkRebuff will work as known for all these months and remind you about stuff you're missing. Did you hear me? Renew that stuff right away! But now you can have a reversed mode if you really need it. This reversed mode is activated per item in the advanced settings dialog. Simply right-click the item you want to track the buff duration for and activate the checkbox 'reverse mode: show if active'. This will do what it says and reverse nkRebuffs mode for this item alone. From then on the item will be shown if it's active. As soon as it has run out it will dissapear from the bars.

this is HUGE for mages, they have a skill called opportunity that has a 10% chance to put a buff on you that only lasts 5 second and its an important DPS gain to be able to easily recognize when it procs. so now i can make it a HUGE icon rather than a teeny tiny one. uninstalling karuul alert as i type this

Trying to track Wild Growth when cast by other players in raid but can't get it to work HELP! Sometimes you will have multiple chloros in raid and need to be sure we are not over writing each others buff.

Description of spell:
    Blesses the ground within 25 meters of the mage, healing up to 10 allies for 1673 health over 12secs., reduces the movement speed of enemies by 50%, and causes affected enemies to take additional 10% damage. Consumes charge while active.

Part I need tracked is the 10% damage buff.

Wild Growth doesn't show up in addon under buffs - of other players. It only shows up under cooldowns, debuffs - of other players, debuffs - target none of which will show others using it only. I know the api can do this because KaruulAlert can track it. Please make this possible or let me know what Im doing wrong. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphrina View Post
    Trying to track Wild Growth when cast by other players in raid but can't get it to work HELP! Sometimes you will have multiple chloros in raid and need to be sure we are not over writing each others buff.

Description of spell:
    Blesses the ground within 25 meters of the mage, healing up to 10 allies for 1673 health over 12secs., reduces the movement speed of enemies by 50%, and causes affected enemies to take additional 10% damage. Consumes charge while active.

Part I need tracked is the 10% damage buff.

Wild Growth doesn't show up in addon under buffs - of other players. It only shows up under cooldowns, debuffs - of other players, debuffs - target none of which will show others using it only. I know the api can do this because KaruulAlert can track it. Please make this possible or let me know what Im doing wrong. Thanks
    the 10% damage is a debuff on the mob, not a buff on players

Ascendant

another step forward, big hug for naifu

Champion

I have created a documentation for nkRebuff at RiftUI's wiki. You can find it at the following link: http://wiki.riftui.com/NkRebuff.

Most important things are covered. Some in more detail some in less and all pictures are still missing. I hope to enhance it step by step during the upcoming weeks and to make it visually a bit more appealing.

If any of you guys out there could help me improve the English I'd be very thankfull. English is not my mothertongue so some things my read funny for you guys. Simply go in there and edit whatever you think could be improved language wise.

Of course if you want to contribute to the documentation by adding more helpfull information about the addon and it's uses please do so.

Cheers
    N.

Thing for nkAdvisor

Can you add deflect to item rating so its ready by 1.8? Deflect = Block for rogues.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    Thing for nkAdvisor

Can you add deflect to item rating so its ready by 1.8? Deflect = Block for rogues.
    Already in there. Get the newest version.

Cheers
    N.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    Already in there. Get the newest version.

Cheers
    N.
    Thanks your awesome!
    Just Waiting...

Yeah man, you are an animal. Thank you for this. I finally upgraded from version 1.2.

The tooltip to compare items is not working on the new version if the item is not equipped.
    Just Waiting...

i think i found a bug, i can swap from role 1,2,3,4 to role 5 or 6 just fine, it detects the role change and changes the nkrebuff settings appropriately. BUT if i swap from role 5 to role 6 or vice versa then it does not detect any role change and just stays on whatever settings i was on

+ Reply to Thread