+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By the_real_seebs

Thread: Proposal: New storage category "account"

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Proposal: New storage category "account"

It would be occasionally handy to be able to stash data that's account-wide, in a way that would persist across more than one computer. I assume this is basically self-explanatory.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

indeed it would be nice

Zorba made a shout out to this topic, here: http://forums.riftgame.com/beta-addo...ml#post3698176
    Last edited by Techie Will; 04-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I just wanted make a point about why this is needed.

I frequently play my characters on different computers. Local storage is pretty much useless. I have 5 accounts and play on 6-7 different computers at various times. Each account has at least 4 characters that I want to be able to keep track of. The data changes frequently (e.g. inventory, points, stats) so any local storage will be outdated quickly and peer-to-peer communication won't help if there are no peers online at the same time and/or they also have outdated local storage.

Server-side account storage would solve the problem for people who have multiple computers.

+ Reply to Thread