+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy CPU Usage batman (KBM!)

Rift Master

Default Holy CPU Usage batman (KBM!)

Love KBM, the only addon i use currently. I noticed I was slugging in port scion, completely lagging the hell out at 17fps and it feeling very heavy.

http://i.imgur.com/AeyiB.jpg

Logged out and disabled the addon, back to 35+ fps, smooth as anything and lovely and light. Whats going on with KBM CPU usage? Not sure if its something in port scion thats causing it, not tested it anywhere else yet.
    Last edited by Nuxt; 04-01-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    Love KBM, the only addon i use currently. I noticed I was slugging in port scion, completely lagging the hell out at 17fps and it feeling very heavy.

http://i.imgur.com/AeyiB.jpg

Logged out and disabled the addon, back to 35+ fps, smooth as anything and lovely and light. Whats going on with KBM CPU usage? Not sure if its something in port scion thats causing it, not tested it anywhere else yet.
    Try out the new Alpha version. I hadn't tested it in a PvP environment in some time. Needless to say it highlighted a horrid leak (mainly Port Scion would show it). But, I've just spent the entire day testing it over and over. This initial fix should see major CPU improvements.

It was a stray even causing the Unit.Available list within KBM's internal cache to continually fill up over time, then would continue to iterate through that list every 1 second or so.

Let me know if the current alpha helps. Link is below.
    http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/ki...35-1-0-0-r332/
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    Try out the new Alpha version. I hadn't tested it in a PvP environment in some time. Needless to say it highlighted a horrid leak (mainly Port Scion would show it). But, I've just spent the entire day testing it over and over. This initial fix should see major CPU improvements.

It was a stray even causing the Unit.Available list within KBM's internal cache to continually fill up over time, then would continue to iterate through that list every 1 second or so.

Let me know if the current alpha helps. Link is below.
    http://rift.curseforge.com/addons/ki...35-1-0-0-r332/
    Will test it out, thanks!

Oh also, do you happen to know how to move the main text KBM displays in the middle of my screen. it seems to overlay the default system text rift outputs on raid bosses.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuxt View Post
    Will test it out, thanks!

Oh also, do you happen to know how to move the main text KBM displays in the middle of my screen. it seems to overlay the default system text rift outputs on raid bosses.
    You can left click the the word "Alert Anchor" when you have "Show Anchor (for positioning)" checked in the [Global Options - Screen Alerts] menu. You can also mouse over that text to change its size.
    Last edited by Semele; 04-01-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Rift Master

That link to the newest alpha did the trick, back to simply smooth 40+ fps

Max i've seen it at (whilst periodically checking) was 3%. Good job and thanks for the tip. keep up the good work

+ Reply to Thread