+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild calendars and suchlike: How would we do these?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Guild calendars and suchlike: How would we do these?

Been thinking about guild calendars and such. Seems to me that we would benefit from some kind of reasonably clean way to indicate planned attendence at events. But wait! How do we store that?

Event + list of attendees? List of attendees, with tags for events?

The concern here is that we have pretty limited space, so we don't necessarily want tons of items which have tons of names associated with them. Also, worried about race conditions.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I would kind of lean towards wishing Trion would actually implement something like this themselves with associated API.

With the limited amount of space open to us, I don't think you could really provide the best possible raid calendar. But with cross-support from a Trion implemented one, and API.. even with no GUI, would be an ideal place to go.

It would then be down to us to provide the front-end.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    With the limited amount of space open to us, I don't think you could really provide the best possible raid calendar.
    I suspect this should be possible, at least for all but the largest guilds. You'll have to be clever with packing and compression, but it should be quite doable. If it isn't, let me know and give me estimates of the data requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    I suspect this should be possible, at least for all but the largest guilds. You'll have to be clever with packing and compression, but it should be quite doable. If it isn't, let me know and give me estimates of the data requirements.
    Yeah, sorry. I wasn't trying to burst the bubble, I just have a habit of thinking worse case scenario. By keeping the calendar a snap-shot of a small time frame, should be easily doable. To get started anyhow.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Telaran

What is the limit we have to deal with?

Edit: Nevermind, found the posting in the changelog discussion.
    Last edited by TwoThe; 03-28-2012 at 12:07 AM.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThe View Post
    What is the limit we have to deal with?
    2048 bytes per-player, 8192 bytes per-guild. I believe there's a more in-depth writeup in the Changelog Discussion thread.

+ Reply to Thread