+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Addon] Kreiri's Buff Bars

Default [Addon] Kreiri's Buff Bars

Kreiri's Buff Bars is an addon for tracking buffs and debuffs. Inspired by Satrina Buff Frames.

Features:
    - create bar groups to monitor buffs or debuffs on selected unit
    - filter buffs by name, duration and caster (you vs. everyone else)
    - customize buff/debuff/font colors, font size, background alpha, size of bars and positions of bar groups.

Type /kbb ui to open settings interface.

Filter format:
    • filter by caster:
      • my - only cast by you
      • !my - only cast by others
    • filter by name: n<operator><value>, where <value> is name or part of the name of the buff and <operator> is
      • = - for "equals"
      • ~= - for "includes"
      Filtering by name is case-insensitive.

• filter by duration: t<operator><value>, where <value> is duration in seconds and <operator> is
      • > - for "greater than"
      • < - for "less than"
      • >= - for "equal or greater than"
      • <= - for "equal or less than"
      Use t==nil and t!=nil to filter buffs with infinite duration.

You can make combinations of filters using & (logical and) operator.

Examples:
    n~=motif - matches all buffs with "motif" in name
    my&n~=motif - matches all buffs with "motif" in name, which were cast by you.

Watching type:
    buff to watch buffs,
    debuff to watch debuffs.

Filtering type:
    whitelist means that only buffs which match at least one of the filters will be displayed;
    blacklist means that all buffs will be displayed, except those which match at least one filter.

Download Kreiri's Buff Bars from RiftUI: http://www.riftui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=42
    Last edited by Kreiri; 04-04-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Default updated to version 2.05

New features:
    * new UI layout
    * minimap button
    * option to use native tooltip
    * settings for bar background color
    * separate settings for debuff font color

If addon watchdog barks at KBB, please let me know.

yay, I'm so glad that you are still developing this. Great Job!

Telaran

I tried to move the bars to another place on my screen, but wasn't able to do so. I toggled the anchor to see the grey bar, but was unable to drag it anywhere. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Use "x" and "y" sliders to move group. KBB settings - "Groups" tab - "General" - "Group position"
    Last edited by Kreiri; 06-29-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Telaran

Awesome, thanks!

Updated to version 2.06: additional nil checks in event handlers.

I'm quite disappointed with the direction Trion took with marketing of Storm Legion. I'm not going to give my money to companies with such stance towards objectification of women. Unfortunately , I saw Storm Legion website only several days after I added a game card to my account, otherwise I would be gone month ago.

Some kind of feeling of obligation made me finish rewrite of KBB's UI. Now that new version is working without bugs - daily error reports don't have any errors for v.2.06 - this feeling is gone.

I will no longer develop Kreiri's Buff Bars. Just in case anyone is thinking about forking KBB, let me quote KBB's license:

The Software may be Modified for personal use and purposes, but the Modified Software may not be Distributed in any way. No Fork, Branch, derivative work or otherwise Modified version of the Software may be Distributed without the express written consent of the Copyright Owner.
    - and I do not consent to any distribution of any modified version of KBB.

I love your buff bars, and they are by far my favorite add-on. Really hope you'll reconsider sticking around.

In terms of Trion objectifying woman - you must be running out of games to play at this point. (I'm saying that as a matter of fact without insult). I was reading an article either from Joystiq or Kotaku that mentioned that the average gamer was 90% more likely (paraphrasing, it was some absurdly high number though) to pick up a game and look at it in a store if there was a beautiful woman on its cover. You see it in almost every video game advertisement on TV and on YouTube, etc.

Though I'll never insult someone for having the opinion which you do - I imagine at some point there's got to be a breaking point. Trion is a company who's goal is to make money, and to do that they need to sell, sell, sell. Furthermore, they're objectifying fictional woman that do not exist.

Again, not insulting - I'm genuinely curious: Do you use soap, body wash or shampoo? I don't think there's a product in my shower that has not be lathered across an impossibly beautiful woman on television. Not to mention the toothpaste and mouthwash I use. It's just impossible to escape - so where exactly do you draw the line?

+ Reply to Thread