+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZorbaTHut

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Inspect.Addon.Cpu

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Rompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default Regarding Inspect.Addon.Cpu

    Here again with another question:
    I've encountered a performance problem,
    It's of course my code that isn't optimized not an api problem
    So I created an addon that uses the Inspect.Addon.Cpu function

    I tried to find some documentation but had no luck (I'm sorry if there is but i couldn't find it)

    I'm a noob on these things so it's probably a stupid question,I only ask what's the difference between:
    -Context render time
    -Context update time

    the first is 2% and the second is 9% on a 22% total
    Mana/energy bars are probably the issue but just to know if possible for future bugs

    Thanks
    Last edited by Rompa; 03-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rompa View Post
    I'm a noob on these things so it's probably a stupid question,I only ask what's the difference between:
    -Context render time
    -Context update time
    This isn't really documented, and may change without warning, but the current meaning: Render time is the time the computer spends actually rendering the UI elements, update time is the time the computer spends updating its internal structures after you've changed things. In theory, update time should be low if the UI element isn't being modified at all, and high if it's being modified frequently.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Rompa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    This isn't really documented, and may change without warning, but the current meaning: Render time is the time the computer spends actually rendering the UI elements, update time is the time the computer spends updating its internal structures after you've changed things. In theory, update time should be low if the UI element isn't being modified at all, and high if it's being modified frequently.

    Thanks a lot for the very fast response, sorry if i bothered you for such a question but I like when possible to know everything on what's at my disposal to try to find the best solution
    Thanks

  4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rompa View Post
    Thanks a lot for the very fast response, sorry if i bothered you for such a question but I like when possible to know everything on what's at my disposal to try to find the best solution
    Thanks
    S'all good, I tend to answer questions when I'm waiting for code to build.

  5. #5
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    S'all good, I tend to answer questions when I'm waiting for code to build.
    Ran out of rolly chairs to have swordfights on?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    S'all good, I tend to answer questions when I'm waiting for code to build.
    Nothing helps more to focus your thoughts, than to stare mindlessly on the random output of your C++ compile run. It's like meditation for geeks. ;)

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts