+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: dkp addons

Default dkp addons

Welcome.
    As far as I remember, was an attempt to make epgp addon, but the updates have not been.

Someone develops raid addons?
    Especially interested to EqDKP +

We need an addon that tries to make the loot list, and the names of those who were in the raid, and then import the site eqdkp.

Or, any other development?)
    Last edited by GwynnBleidd; 03-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Waiting on a few more components, I think, before stuff like that becomes practical.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Waiting on a few more components, I think, before stuff like that becomes practical.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but an addon that stores all DKP-related information should be possible now - but, due to the lack of certain API methods, the amount of data that would have to be manually inputted by the user is less than desirable.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 03-22-2012 at 09:33 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but an addon that stores all DKP-related information should be possible now - but, due to the lack of certain API methods, the amount of data that would have to be manually inputted by the user is less than desirable.
    The big lack is communications.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Clearly, in the beginning there were attempts to make addons epgp & dkp.
    But by the API, they did not give full functionality.

At the same grad had an idea to write an addon which will also parse the log for the extraction of data on loot.

But unfortunately the programmer is busy with work and will not be soon.

Then we wait ...
    Luck Catchers 2Raid Raid Bard =__=
    RuRift Akilios
    Guest from Russian server Rift

I'm actually doing some work on an EPGP addon at the moment - based on the Chimaera EPGP addon (I'm kinda hoping I'm not stepping on toes by taking an addon and extending it? They're OS, yeah?).

What I'm looking at is adding the ability for some inter-player comms so that the EPGP table can be shared at the end of the a raid so that it's not absolutely necessary for the same person to run EPGP for every single raid. Also, to have a "slave" type client for raid members, so that they can see their EPGP throughout the raid.

I'd appreciate feedback obviously on:
    a) If I'm stepping on toes by mucking around with this stuff and
    b) What kinds of things people would like in EPGP

Quote Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
    b) What kinds of things people would like in EPGP
    a. I would contact the dev that posted Chimera before posting an updated version, other than that IMO its all a community project and you're looking for use in your own guild, so tinker away. I modded Chimera for our guild as well at one point, but have abandoned it for a re-build (if i ever get the time) since it turned out to be fundamentally different than what we wanted to use. If you have questions, though, I'll check back from time to time to see if I can help.
    b. Things I'd like to see:
    1. historic records, not just totals
    2. an easier transport between the addon and a site, so scores can be posted, etc.
    3. method to enable multiple admins, and or allow a different admin on different nights without getting records out of sync.
    4. Need / Greed style loot window for raid members with the addon

Hope it helps, and happy coding.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nerys View Post
    I'd appreciate feedback obviously on:
    I originally developed the Chimaera EPGP addon. You're not stepping on any toes, in fact quite the opposite. It's always cool when someone takes your work and makes it better.
    Last edited by fatgray; 04-29-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks for writing the addon. I too had some slight modifications I wanted to attempt before I began using this for our guild but first I thought I'd ask for permission and find out if anyone else had made any changes which they would be willing to share with me. I've written LUA addons for that other game before but I have yet to dig into the Rift addon API so if someone else had already succeeded in making the changes I need that would be a welcome alternative to trying to figure it all out myself.

• Has anyone made any changes to the Chimaera EPGP addon which they could share with me?

Would love to see a dkp addon.
    I want to see the light leave your eyes
    Feeling your breath on my lips one last time
    I want to see the light leave your eyes.
    Feeling your breath for the last time.
    God rest your soul is mine....

Chimaera epgp no longer works as of 1.9? - Myself and another officer get nothing but error messages when we try to use any function.

Does anyone have a working version? Our gratitude would know no bounds...
    Last edited by Aubie; 07-03-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

Plane Touched

Default I have a fix for Chimaera EPGP

Quote Originally Posted by Aubie View Post
    Chimaera epgp no longer works as of 1.9? - Myself and another officer get nothing but error messages when we try to use any function.

Was really confused by the error and finally came to the realization that the GetText() call on line 409 of ui.lua was the Text:GetText(), whose return is text,html. That means that if you're searching for player XYZZ, you get XYZZfalse.

This string (with the false added) would fail in the GetPlayer() function.

So, replace line 409 (and 410 which is just an extension of 409) with:

thePlayerName = string.gsub(self.rows[i].cols[1].label:GetText(), "false\n", "\n")
    table.insert(selection, thePlayerName)

and everything will work again (including the select all/none).

Thurfyr

PS: what this code does is substitutes the false at the end of the line (the html will always be false, because this mode doesn't use html) with an end of line.

Quote Originally Posted by Aubie View Post

I did fix it up for my guild. I've never really looked at Lua so my code may be poor. You can read the readme to see what I fixed.

Also, my guild leader wanted some way for people to get their DKP by whispering him or something. Since the API doesn't allow normal chat parsing (at least I couldn't find it) I created an "EPGP Lite" addon which a user can do /getdkp <PlayerName> to get their dkp. (PlayerName = Person running the DKP)

You can download both here:
    EPGP - http://tinyurl.com/conepgp
    EPGP Lite - http://tinyurl.com/conepgplite

I renamed it to Consortium EPGP too but credits are still there to the original authors

Plane Touched

Default Nice addition Xonia

Quote Originally Posted by Xonia View Post
    I did fix it up for my guild. I've never really looked at Lua so my code may be poor. You can read the readme to see what I fixed.

Also, my guild leader wanted some way for people to get their DKP by whispering him or something. Since the API doesn't allow normal chat parsing (at least I couldn't find it) I created an "EPGP Lite" addon which a user can do /getdkp <PlayerName> to get their dkp. (PlayerName = Person running the DKP)

You can download both here:
    EPGP - http://tinyurl.com/conepgp
    EPGP Lite - http://tinyurl.com/conepgplite

I renamed it to Consortium EPGP too but credits are still there to the original authors
    I liked the idea of having people be able to just ask the Raid Leader/EPGP runner for their current "score". However, when I requested my DKP, I got EP.

For me, the important piece is PR with EP and GP a close second. So, I modified it for my guild's use to just do an: "EP,GP,PR=0,100,0.00" style reply to a request.

The other thing I didn't want was any reference to DKP. People already get confused on the difference and a lot of people have had bad experiences with DKP. So, I changed the getdkp command to getepgp, the messages to say "Your EPGP is ...", and at a superficial layer, I renamed the DKPRequest and DKPOutput channels to EPGPRequest and EPGPOutput. This last was in the hopes that someday, you could actually just do a tell with the channel, instead of having to have a Lite version.

I won't post links to it, as this update is clearly yours. Thank you for your improvements.

Thurfyr

Worked brilliantly Thurfir, many thanks.

I shall consider the EPGP lite but it may not work as there are several officers who run the addon at different times...
    Auberon ~ Mage-wannabe Cleric
    Proud Member of <Seraphim> ~ Guardians on Laethys
    www.seraphim-rift.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast