+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delete Frames

Soulwalker

Default Delete Frames

I'm working on an addon right now and I use UI.CreateFrame to make the GUI items for the screen. At a few points I no longer need some of the frame items I made. Is there anyway that I can delete them after I finish with them or do I just need to keep setting the visible flag to false?

Quote Originally Posted by xwingmaster529 View Post
    I'm working on an addon right now and I use UI.CreateFrame to make the GUI items for the screen. At a few points I no longer need some of the frame items I made. Is there anyway that I can delete them after I finish with them or do I just need to keep setting the visible flag to false?
    Unless something has recently changed with the API you cannot delete a frame once created. You should therefore ensure you re-use frames within your own addon.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    Unless something has recently changed with the API you cannot delete a frame once created. You should therefore ensure you re-use frames within your own addon.
    Thank you. That's what I'm doing now. I didn't know if I was just missing something or if I was trying to do the impossible. Being able to delete them would make things alot easier though.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

It would, but it turns out to be Very Hard to prevent something somewhere from continuing to refer to them, apparently.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

First time using the forums and i have two things to say:
    1: Thank you for the Info
    2: Thank you for the fast responses

+ Reply to Thread