+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Tool] Rift Addon Workbench

Soulwalker

Default [Tool] Rift Addon Workbench

Hi, i recently started working on Rift Addon Workbech. The goal is to make it a complete solution for Addon development. For the moment it is in a very (I repeat, very) early stage of development, so there are no release yet (sorry).

But, to the point. The reason i'm writing this is that i want to ask you guys what you would like to see in the application. What would be a perfect addon editing tool to you?

Here you have a screenshot (which was taken about an hour after i started working on the project, so don't let it frighten you)
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...bechscreen.png

The tool will (of course) be released free, and i will also release the source code at GitHub for those who are interested.

Eeeewwww, Java.

What would I like? I dunno, a good text editor, which I already have.
    Unless somehow your clunky Java IDE thingy can rival the editing power of vim.
    Last edited by Verea; 03-18-2012 at 03:22 AM.
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Verea View Post
    Eeeewwww, Java.
    I actually, after some playing around, decided to go back to my old beloved C++.
    Not that it really had any importance :P

What would I like? I dunno, a good text editor, which I already have.
    Unless somehow your clunky Java IDE thingy can rival the editing power of vim.
    The text editor will be my main focus, but i can pretty much guarantee it wont match up to vim or similar. I will though, at least try, to make a testing system, with a "Simulated Rift", in which you can control the game and make different things happend, and see how your addon responds.
    Last edited by Daalarim; 03-18-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Telaran

Please do not listen to people using the word Vim, they usually have not realized that graphical desktops have been invented and do not consider a mouse an input-device. :P

Quote Originally Posted by TwoThe View Post
    Please do not listen to people using the word Vim, they usually have not realized that graphical desktops have been invented and do not consider a mouse an input-device. :P
    Yes because the mouse is horrificly slow. Those who do not know the benefits of vim never learned to work with it. I use an IDE for my job and it's horrible. Nothing I can't do with makefiles and vim.
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

Telaran

Yes because the mouse is horrificly slow. Those who do not know the benefits of vim never learned to work with it. I use an IDE for my job and it's horrible. Nothing I can't do with makefiles and vim.
    I've been working with Vim for 2 years now... and yet I am still much more comfortable and faster with GUI and mouse. However I've seen people do things with Vim which - to my knowledge - should not be physically possible, but those people tend to be over 40. ;)

In the end it boils down to what you are used to.

+ Reply to Thread