+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trying to learn about addons

Plane Touched

Default Trying to learn about addons

Hi All,
    I have recently downloaded TrionDevelopmentTools and am going through the documentation. I've never coded an addon before (and am even having to learn Lua) so this is a bit unfamiliar to me. When using the slash command "/dump" the program crashes to desktop.

I used the "/log" command and checked it to see what was being output.

Basically, the script starts to dump global variables then goes into an infinite loop where it prints "__index" over and over again.

Has anyone seen this before or know what might be going on? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Plane Touched

Default Figured it

Disabling SimpleMeter fixed it. I remember seeing that a lot of its tables had their indexing adjusted with metatable and this must have been it.

Plane Touched

Another question from a newbie learning to create these.

How do you add/edit code in your addon and not have to logoff/logon to reload the addon? Is there a way to reload the addon without doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Proph View Post
    Another question from a newbie learning to create these.

How do you add/edit code in your addon and not have to logoff/logon to reload the addon? Is there a way to reload the addon without doing that?
    Type in /reloadui

And, my first time using Lua was writing KBM.. and is also my first addon for any game. So, if you have some basic programming understanding you'll pick it up fairly sharpish.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

+ Reply to Thread