+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clickable Unit Frames addon?

Shadowlander

Default Clickable Unit Frames addon?

I've been experimenting with addons such as MinUI or MyUI and have come to the realization that none of the support right-click functionality on the unit frames. For example I cannot right click the "Player" unit frame to set my PvP Flag Status, or to leave a group, nor can I right click on the "Player Target" window to inspect another player or what have you.

I am starting to find this severely limiting and just wanted to check and see... is this an addon limitation, or an addon API limitation? I would love to know. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoShoe View Post
    I've been experimenting with addons such as MinUI or MyUI and have come to the realization that none of the support right-click functionality on the unit frames. For example I cannot right click the "Player" unit frame to set my PvP Flag Status, or to leave a group, nor can I right click on the "Player Target" window to inspect another player or what have you.

I am starting to find this severely limiting and just wanted to check and see... is this an addon limitation, or an addon API limitation? I would love to know. Thank you!
    It's currently an API limitation. The problem is with the potential for automation. You could have an addon that stacks all of your raid and just moves the lowest HP person to the top to be healed, as an example.

I know Zorba has said he wants to implement this functionality, but finding a way to do it while preventing exploitation is difficult to say the least.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    It's currently an API limitation. The problem is with the potential for automation. You could have an addon that stacks all of your raid and just moves the lowest HP person to the top to be healed, as an example.

I know Zorba has said he wants to implement this functionality, but finding a way to do it while preventing exploitation is difficult to say the least.
    Couldn't it be implemented for the Player and Player.Target frames, but NOT the Raid / Group Frames? This would at least allow for Unit Frames to function at a state that's "somewhat closer to normal".

@Noshei what does that have to do with right clicking for the context menu? I don't see what automation people are afraid of here?
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

+ Reply to Thread