+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Souls XML files and ability ID's

Default Souls XML files and ability ID's

In the KnowThineEnemy addon I'm using the actual ability names to lookup soul point utilisation in from the Trion provided xml files. The XML files have an AbilityId for each ability but this does not seem to match the id you get when you call Inspect.Ability.Detail. Is there a relationship between these two IDs?

If there is a relationship then I can match based on IDs rather than names and easily add support for other client languages, otherwise I'm stuck with the languages Trion release their XML files in (EN, DE, FR) and cannot support other languages like Russian (actually does anyone know if there Russian xml files available?).

Help/ideas appreciated?
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Rift Disciple

this ought to work, it certainly used to. I've had an unpublished addon that did something like this and this is exactly how I built my own table mapping abilityId's to soulname,pointsrequired tuples.

the xml files have the abilityId's in decimal, and in the addon environment they are 16-digit hex strings preceded with an "a" character, so you do have to do some conversion first...

-ken
    Last edited by Snowreap; 03-22-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Snowreap View Post
    this ought to work, it certainly used to. I've had an unpublished addon that did something like this and this is exactly how I built my own table mapping abilityId's to soulname,pointsrequired tuples.

the xml files have the abilityId's in decimal, and in the addon environment they are 16-digit hex strings preceded with an "a" character, so you do have to do some conversion first...

-ken
    Thanks Snowreap. I noticed the hex strings and did the conversion but got different values, which was why I was confused. The problem was on my side however as I was comparing buff-ids with ability-ids.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowreap View Post

-ken
    Hey Snow, any chance you will release your addon in future? Be great to see what you did on the optimisation side as mine does have performance issues in big pvp fights.

Rift Disciple

doubtful.

but it probably wouldn't be useful to you anyway. I haven't tried your addon, but performance of mine is probably worse because I do a lot of UI updating on top of all the spec calculations. and my spec calculations by themselves probably have worse performance than yours because I recalculate a lot to handle cases where people are changing roles.

-ken
    Snowreap Yellowtail Preyz Taralin
    < The Purge > Guardian Seastone

+ Reply to Thread