+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is /cast @u64bitUnitId supported?

Telaran

Default is /cast @u64bitUnitId supported?

Hi,

While looking at macros, I found that making macros that do:
    /cast [ctrl] @u04E38000175EDD8A Healing Breath
    /cast @u04E38000175EDD8A Healing Spray
    where u04E38000175EDD8A is the unitId passed around in the API, casts on the right target.

For me this is great, as I no longer have to worry about having the right @groupxx or @player etc, the groupxx becomes a layout issue, rather than needed for routing casts to the right place.

However, before using this I wanted to check it's actually supported, as I can't find anywhere on forums or wiki's that even say you can do this. It's unlikely that anything other than addons would want to do this as you need to have the unitId, hence, it's probably not mentioned.

Also is there a way to make the macro not cast when the player is out of LoS or range. I'm finding that if the macros can't find the target, they default to the current target, or onto yourself, I'd much rather have an error come up, especially when I've explicitly targeted a unit, I can imagine this could be worse if the tank LoS's just as you hit a cooldown, and it bounces back on yourself.

Thanks,
    Mere

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mere View Post
    Also is there a way to make the macro not cast when the player is out of LoS or range. I'm finding that if the macros can't find the target, they default to the current target, or onto yourself, I'd much rather have an error come up, especially when I've explicitly targeted a unit, I can imagine this could be worse if the tank LoS's just as you hit a cooldown, and it bounces back on yourself.

Thanks,
    Mere
    Disable "Settings > Interface > Combat > Auto self-cast" to stuff doesn't auto cast on your character.

Telaran

Ah, that's just what I was looking for, of course I now need to dig through the API and see if there's something that can tell me the value of it, and I can throw up a warning if needed.

Thanks,
    Mere

+ Reply to Thread