+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event.Unit.Available ... looking for rares

Telaran

Default Event.Unit.Available ... looking for rares

Event.Unit.Available is used by raredar to detect when a rare is found. However when looking at events, code etc I found Event.Unit.Available only fires when you mouse over, target or interact with the unit.

This basically means raredar is an alert for if you are totally switched off and don't realize you moused over or targeted a rare. You could in theory run straight past a rare and not have it trigger the alert.

I know WoW use to physically scan unit cache data looking for rares so it seems there prob won't be a way to properly detect if a rare is close.

I actually thought Event.Unit.Available would fire for each unit as I moved around close to where they are.

Seems unless I have overlooked something looking for rares with this event is flawed.

It is something the API doesn't support and probably doesn't want to support.
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

Event.Unit.Available is not flawed. It would be flawed if it fired every time a PC or NPC appeared.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The intent is to tell you when a unit enters the set of units for which you have a designator, like "player.target" or "mouseover".

If you haven't got a designator for it, it's not available.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread