+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [ADDON] nkBar

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkBar

This addon is in a very early stage of it's development. I released it in order to get some feedback from the community. Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think is missing.

nkBar creates a new action bar on your screen allowing you fast access to sometimes needed items and abilities. Left click a button to toggle it. On the sub button use left click to use an item / ability. The last used item / ability will be set onto the main button. Right click on the main button to re-use the last used ability.

You can access configuration by either using the (nk) Button or by typing /nkBar. In the configuration you can fine-tune what categories and what items / abilities in the category should be used. The addon will auto-check what abilities you can use and what items are in your inventory. So even if a category item is activated it will not show up on the bar if you don't have the item.

There's a lot of functionality missing. You can expect this addon to grow rather quickly. So far you cannot:

- Align the buttons horizontally
    - Open the buttons any other way than to the left
    - Scale the buttons
    - Buttons are only drawn only once at login / reloadui and do not re-check your inventory so far

As written above this missing functionality and more will come very soon.

You can get it at the regular download pages.

Cheers
    N.

Not even sure where to begin troubleshooting on to begin troubleshooting on this.

The addon actually crashes rift....

I can get to the Character Select Screen and load up my char, the game then loads and crashes.

Disabling your addon fixes it.

I attempted to load the game with only your addon, and that seemed to work, but I did not see the addon loaded.

I attempted to load the game with only your addons, Adviser, Zoo, Wardrobe, Debug. And it crashed.

For now I have this uninstalled. Let me know if I can be of further help.

Champion

Hmmm not much I could do debugging wise. It obviously doesn't crash my client or I wouldn't have released it. I'll try with all of my other toons to see what it could possibly be.

If I get more crash reports I'll simply pull it from the download pages again. I don't have time for hunting down causes for crashes.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Looks like the addon is crashing the client for a number of players. If you're experiencing the same there's not much I can do for you. The addon is not crashing my client - wouldn't have released it then wouldn't I? So there's no way for me to find the problem without guessing which I'll not be doing.

Cheers
    N.

Soulwalker

cheers, lol.

Champion

Ok finally after tweaking around a lot I got it to crash on my PC as well. There's hope in the end.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

I've uploaded a new version at RiftUI. This one has some very serious internal changes. Could you please try if this still crashes your clients? Thanks for the patiences and feedback.

Cheers
    N.

Yeup, once your 1.02 gets approved I'll give it a go. I wish there was a crash report or something to give you.

First, it does not crash!

Second, in use it does not seem practical yet.

The categories seem random (for on the bar). An example:
    Might Healing Potion and Heroic Mana Tonic share a category.

You can't tell if something is on cooldown:
    The categories should be arranged according to cooldown, or give the option to do so.

Tool Tips and Bar Growth are always to the left, making placing the bar on the left dificult.

It would be nice to be able to use the scroll wheel to change the active consumable.

It would be nice to 'detach' categories from the bars, and to allow them to grow in all 4 directions.

+ Reply to Thread