+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Verea

Thread: libTea: Library Handling, Event Handling and OOP for everyone!

Default libTea: Library Handling, Event Handling and OOP for everyone!

Salutations everyone!

From the creator of Timelapse, I now bring the beginning of a rather massive framework (similar to LibAce). libTea in its current state is a library that provides very simple event handling (to be extended!), full featured OOP and library versioning (similar to LibStub, in fact, it's a port!).

libTea may be downloaded from here:
    http://addons.teaclub-guild.com/libt...ea-1.0-r51.zip

libTea's documentation isn't fully finished yet (I finished only the OOP documentation). However, the source code is very well documented and should speak for itself.
    http://addons.teaclub-guild.com/libtea/wiki/

Would you be interested in looking at the source, do so here:
    https://github.com/JGBrands/libTea/tree/master/src

Regards,
    Sanae
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I am not totally sure whether I will end up using this, but...

I think this is the sign I was looking for of addon dev starting to take off, we're starting to see support infrastructure for common tasks.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Verea View Post
    (similar to LibStub, in fact, it's a port!).
    Um, EXCUSE ME??

Although, I do wonder why it isn't on Curseforge anymore, since that's where it started. And for what it is worth, yes, while LibStub (and for that matter, LibTea) is depreciated in favour of Rift's built-in versioning, it does still work.

I just fixed LibStub's project page so it shows up on Curseforge and Curse. RiftUI's link is in the previous post. Next, I'll bump the Environment string to "1.7" for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Um, EXCUSE ME??

Although, I do wonder why it isn't on Curseforge anymore, since that's where it started. And for what it is worth, yes, while LibStub (and for that matter, LibTea) is depreciated in favour of Rift's built-in versioning, it does still work.
    Not true, libTea isn't deprecated by any means; as libTea is more than a LibStub port.

Although, this is true, though I wasn't aware of it. I'm currently in the process of changing libTea Library routines to instead support the Rift API in a sort of convenient wrapper would that be handy. I'm not sure yet.

If not, I'll just deprecate the whole routine.

Regardless of what, libTea's primary use at the moment is to provide a very robust OOP interface for Rift add-ons. It also provides methods for classes to be extended (which could be used by other add-ons for stuff like plug-ins. Allowing users to extend YOUR add-on). Just to name an example.

ps: Everyone is welcome to help develop and extend libTea. libTea (the core module) is quite fine, but the idea of libTea is to provide several sub add ons too, which are all general purpose things. It is meant to be similar to WoWAce.
    Last edited by Verea; 03-02-2012 at 08:08 AM.
    Verae, level 60 Cleric @ Blightweald, Guild Master of Tea Club
    I want to fly like an eagle, to the sea.
    I want to fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me.

+ Reply to Thread