+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What does Command.Buff.Describe do?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default What does Command.Buff.Describe do?

"Requests a detailed description..."

How does this differ from Inspect.Buff.Detail, apart from the thing where it's a command and has no return value?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

From changelog:

Quote Originally Posted by ZorbaTHut View Post
    SORT OF BREAKING CHANGES:

* Inspect.Buff.Detail is no longer guaranteed to include the exact right tooltip text in "description" - the numbers may be incorrect. The flag "descriptionComplete" will be added if the numbers are correct. Proper tooltip text can now be requested with Command.Buff.Describe(), and the arrival of that text (or removal of it, if the internal buffers get full) can be detected with Event.Buff.Description(). This is sort-of-breaking because, while it was guaranteed to work before, it didn't actually work - this is making the documentation conform to the actual behavior, and adding some functions that let addons request data that they previously could not.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Ohhhh, I see.

... Does this have anything to do with the complete impossibility of getting numbers for things like the damage bonuses and penalties of phases, miens, and veils?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

I don't know. I didn't try it yet.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Appears not to. Argh. I really, really, want those numbers back.

+ Reply to Thread