+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Intended use of party? unit identifiers?

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Intended use of party? unit identifiers?

While working on rangefinder, I noticed a thing. If someone invites me to a party, then that person is group01, and I am group02, but of course, no group02 portrait is drawn. So I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing to detect "members of group who are not also me".

But the lists seem to show only 1-4 members. But groups can have five members. Head asplode!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Code:
    local playerId = Inspect.Unit.Lookup("player")
    local others = {}
    local group = {"group01","group02", "group03", "group04", "group05"}
    local id
    for _, spec in pairs(group) do 
        id = Inspect.Unit.Lookup(spec)
        if id ~= playerId then others[spec] = id else others[spec] = nil end
    end

for k, v in pairs(others) do
        print("This is not me:", k, v)
    end
    Last edited by Kreiri; 02-25-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Ohh, hang on then.

If there's group01 through group05, how do I tell which ones are assigned to PortraitParty1, PortraitParty2, etc.?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ohh, hang on then.

If there's group01 through group05, how do I tell which ones are assigned to PortraitParty1, PortraitParty2, etc.?
    I would try the following and see if it works:
    Code:
    local unitName = UI.Native.PortraitParty1:GetMouseoverUnit()
    Once you have the unitName, pass that through the lookups to get its ID and compare. Hopefully, however, the UI.Native.* frames eventually return more values, but extra hoop jumping is alright if it serves the purpose. Also, remember that tanks, especially in 5 person groups, automatically become portraitparty1 as soon as your party zones into an instance, even if they were portraitparty5 before zoning. Hook events accordingly and update.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    I would try the following and see if it works:
    It won't, I'm sorry to say.

Right now there's no good way to manage this. I can try to come up with one, but this falls deep into the realm of "it's complicated".

I believe the way it works is that the leader (if it's not you) will be in PortraitGroup1, while the other members will be in PortraitGroup2 through PortraitGroup4 in the same order provided to the addon system.

Still, I'll admit this is the sort of thing that would be happy. I'll see if I can come up with a clean solution.

My first theory:

Code:
    me = Inspect.Unit.Detail('player')
    portrait = 1
    for group = 1, 5 do
      unit = Inspect.Unit.Detail('group0' .. group)
      if unit.id ~= me.id then
        print("Group0" .. group .. " is portrait " .. portrait)
        portrait = portrait + 1
      end
    end
    (as with anything I type, I probably inadvertantly used a mishmash of the syntax of three scripting languages.)

+ Reply to Thread