+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having to put up with idiots while testing...

Telaran

Default Having to put up with idiots while testing...

So... I changed it so sounds can be heard while coding and making changes.

I park where a few mobs spawn so i can kill a few for testing without running all over the place etc.

OK... been there for a few hours and have some brainless wonder accuse me of botting because I've been standing there for hours.

Sheesh.... some people have no clue. Funny thing is I thought he was botting as he had been running around killing the mobs for 6+ hours. Prob crowding his turf or making him nervous.

Also because of the wall of debug messages... I have no hope of seeing most tells.

I suppose i could go to the test shard while testing... but I'm getting a few levels each day and plat etc while doing it.

In order to see tells, I created a new chat window, filtered to only see tells. I still have them sent to my main chat window as well, but this way I can quickly look if I missed anything.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

That "tells" idea is neat.

I would like it if we could get a print() variant that let us pick a specific console window.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

Prob was... this eeediot did the accussing with a /say and i was lucky cause I had just tabbed back when i heard my pet had agro.

But yeah... a separate window filtered right down sounds like a good idea. I'm glad I posted my venting rage now

+ Reply to Thread