+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Request: Zone Event Notifier

Rift Disciple

Default Request: Zone Event Notifier

Would it be possible to make an addon that shows the current zone events? I like to afk a lot and my minimap doesn't always update correctly. It could just be a sizable icon that I could hover over and see the possible amount of inscribed available from that event. An extra plus would be to show what stage it is currently in, though I'm not sure if the API allows this. Thanks

Also to add, yes I have the rift app, It just doesn't work 80% of the time
    Last edited by mxdiz; 02-22-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Ascendant

If you have an iPhone, iTouch, or Android phone you can already get such functionality out of the Rift Mobile app.

Or you could check your map every now and then, invasions show up on the full map.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 02-22-2012 at 01:43 AM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Ascendant

The main map shows them, isn't that good enough?
    Last edited by Kerin; 02-22-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yes I have the app, the android one which sucks horribly. I haven't got a single sound from the rift app since it launched. Also I used ACT triggers to tell me when they popped but for some reason the triggers don't work anymore. Also I use dual screens, and when my computer isnt focused on that screen it doesn't want to update often. Plus I can't see events when I am in a T2 or WF. Anything would be greatly appreciated and I know more than a few people that afk farm like I do that would love this. Thanks for your replies.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    Yes I have the app, the android one which sucks horribly. I haven't got a single sound from the rift app since it launched. Also I used ACT triggers to tell me when they popped but for some reason the triggers don't work anymore. Also I use dual screens, and when my computer isnt focused on that screen it doesn't want to update often. Plus I can't see events when I am in a T2 or WF. Anything would be greatly appreciated and I know more than a few people that afk farm like I do that would love this. Thanks for your replies.
    I would love this also. I just want a screen notification so I can ignore general chat channels. Checking the map every so often is bothersome, when I want to lose myself in what I am going.

Rift Disciple

I would love a sizable icon that flashes on screen when there is a SM, SS, IPP, or EI event going on. It wouldn't have to do anything more. I wish I had some coding experience....

Soulwalker

*BUMP*

I know the map/50 chat/mobile app all do this. i still would like a icon that flashes someone where there is an event... i don't check my map regularly when i'm playing i hide my 50chat window so i don't get spamed. and i don't want my rift mobile app warning me all that time when i'm at work and so on.

Soulwalker

Default Me too

I have been looking for this exact add on. I'm not much at watching 50's chat, as it's a sewer most of the time anyway and checking the map every 5 minutes is annoying. The mobile app doesn't work for actual notifications, ever. I would agree that it would be awesome to have something flash on screen and notify you of a zone event. I would love to see it have an option for: Leave Notification Active Until Dismissed. That way we could have it come up and stay there if we are afk, until we click and dismiss it. Or if someone didn't want that feature, they simply turn it off.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Trillyian View Post
    I have been looking for this exact add on. I'm not much at watching 50's chat, as it's a sewer most of the time anyway and checking the map every 5 minutes is annoying. The mobile app doesn't work for actual notifications, ever. I would agree that it would be awesome to have something flash on screen and notify you of a zone event. I would love to see it have an option for: Leave Notification Active Until Dismissed. That way we could have it come up and stay there if we are afk, until we click and dismiss it. Or if someone didn't want that feature, they simply turn it off.
    This would be perfect. ATM my android app still doesn't work... I have tried multiple roms, versions, and more yet the app still sucks horribly. Right now I am using a log viewing program (pm if you want the name) that reads the non-combat log like act does and looks for a zone event. Then it plays a very annoying sound on my computer that I hear from across the house. It has multiple notification options but is very unplayable (due to lag) while the program is running so no go there. I would still love for a simple program to just watch the chat or NCL for zone events. I would promote the hell out of it

I to would Love to have an addon like this!!! I have two chars that I constantly need to farm iis lately and I miss so Many Invasions because I forget to check my map.

Champion of Telara

If Trion will just have a separate channel to announce zone events, that would help many more people keep track of events. This has been a requested feature again and again. I don't understand why something like this isn't available.

Until then, I hope someone can make a addon so it's easier to see when events are starting instead of having to sit in Barrens, I ment Level 1-29 chat to catch the low level events.

Rift Disciple

I'm glad to see I am not the only one wanting this addon. Right now I am still using a log viewer (logview4net) but you can use ACT to watch the NCL if you know how to set up triggers. I'm still hoping this will get picked up by one of our great developers here

I'm trying to see what the options are here for this. I understand that the mobile option is good, but I think it's just okay. My iPhone hardly ever notifies properly and I sort of picture a small box on the screen that just has the world events going on. When the expansion comes out and there are three or four continents that are to be as large as the current map, scrolling in and out of the map to see events is going to become bothersome. In my opinion it already is bothersome.

I'm curious mxdiz, does the log actually have the events from other zones you're not in actually listed?
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war. - Plato

this is technically possible if you enabled the chat log (/chat) joined the 3 different level channels and watch them for the zone event notifications.

It's a bit of a roundabout way to do it, but completely possible. The only problem though is figuring out when a zone event ends, which there is no way to find out.

Champion

Hmm the addon message system only works with yell distance doesn't it? Otherwise it might have been an option to build an addon which uses Inspect.Quest.List() and then broadcasts the information to other players using the same addon. Of cousre only possible again if Inspect.Quest.List() would contain the public quest information.

Cheers
    N.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast