+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [bug??] some events have params.abilityName .. but no params.ability

Telaran

Default [bug??] some events have params.abilityName .. but no params.ability

Been working on huge upgrade to SimpleMeter including making it more CPU friendly.

I started using params.ability instead of their names but discovered that some (a very few) abilities are coming through the heal and damage events with an ability name etc but no actual params.ability.

Two examples of this are "Feral Rune" and "attack".... also notice that "attack" is all lower case unlike 99.99% of all the other ability names.

At the moment... I'm just catching these odd ones (sure there are more) and ignoring them.

I'm hoping these occurrences are bugs that can be fixed easily.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Not all abilities have player-accessible ability IDs. The filter might be relaxed a bit in the future, but for now, the ability ID is not guaranteed to exist.

Telaran

I have a work-around at the moment... i record the damage where it usually goes and then ignore the record.

This will mean a difference in the damage a unit took and the sum of the damage from all abilities. However this difference can be calculated easily and will be reported as "other".

Quote Originally Posted by Hoek View Post
    I have a work-around at the moment... i record the damage where it usually goes and then ignore the record.

This will mean a difference in the damage a unit took and the sum of the damage from all abilities. However this difference can be calculated easily and will be reported as "other".
    if all abilities have names accessible but not all abilities have ID's accessible, wouldn't it make more sense to parse and store all all abilities by name instead of ID? then you wouldn't have to have an "other" category
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 02-21-2012 at 08:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread