+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nkRebuff Version 2.0.0 released

Champion

Default nkRebuff Version 2.0.0 released

Hi guys,

Just released nkRebuff Version 2.0.0. This is a complete rewrite of the addon from ground up. So many things have changed and so many bugs small and big been fixed, you wouldn't believe it. This new version is the result of a week's work.

Unfortunately I couldn't bother to build a routine to transfer your old settings. So on start of the addon you'll have to set it up from scratch. Your old settings are saved however and if you'd like to use the old version nkRebuff you can reinstall it and you got your settings back. But how'd want to do that considering the major update nkRebuff V2.0.0 is

Another thing is that nkWardrobe will not support nkRebuff set switching until I release a new version of that as well.

As with every major release there's a big potenital of bugs. So if you find something amiss please let me know.

Cheers
    N.

Changelog

* complete rewrite of the addon (sorry means all settings are gone)
    * addon is now declared local
    * new user interface
    * supports stack handling on buffs and debuffs
    * buffs / debuff icons can be shown based on stack size (right click on ability list for advanced dialog)
    * supports unlimited sets now
    * new options to add / delete / copy sets
    * any set can be assigned to a role
    * switching role will auto select the assigned set
    * newly detected debuffs on player are now activated / deactivated based on setting
    * new option to adjust 'runout' timer if it's not perfectly matching
    * hidding icons on left click can be activated / deactivated per bar
    * showing icon tooltip can be activated / deactivated per bar
    * icon border size can now be set to deactivated / thin / middle / thick
    * labels can now be set as none / show shortened / show standard
    * ability lists will icon for easier identification
    * ability lists will show how casts if casted by others (archetype or NPC)
    * right click on ability list entry will show advanced dialog to set stack handling
    * filtering ability lists based on current soul set works much better
    * fixed a couple of bugs while I was at it ...
    * updated nkGenie to V1.3.6

Hey Naifu, first and foremost, wicked add-on and widely used!

Second, with the newly added version 2.0, I'm experiencing an error the moment I log on to my character. My current add-ons are the following:

Simple Meter v2.3
    TCB v1.6.1
    Wire's Raidkiller v0.6.4
    NPSee v0.2.3
    Wire's OCD v0.1.5

I've included an attachment that should show you the error. Thanks for all your hard work.

http://i.imgur.com/hydL9.png
    Last edited by Khuj; 02-18-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    * supports stack handling on buffs and debuffs
    You are a god among men!
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ascendant

wohooo! thank you

Do you have a link for a download?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khuj View Post
    Hey Naifu, first and foremost, wicked add-on and widely used!

Second, with the newly added version 2.0, I'm experiencing an error the moment I log on to my character. My current add-ons are the following:

Simple Meter v2.3
    TCB v1.6.1
    Wire's Raidkiller v0.6.4
    NPSee v0.2.3
    Wire's OCD v0.1.5

I've included an attachment that should show you the error. Thanks for all your hard work.

http://i.imgur.com/hydL9.png
    As posted on riftUI this one is very strange. I can't see any reason why that saved variable being referenced at that point being boolean. Unless there's something I don't see there might by a problem with the API in terms of timing two system event addon.load.end and savedvariables.load.end.

Doesn't it work at all or did the error dissapear on second login? Can you please open the configuration and hit the 'delete all data' button and see if that helps?

The exact same error was reported for nkRebuff V1.7 and I didn't find any reason for it there either. I'm totally at loss here.

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Do you have a link for a download?
    Curse at: http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/nkrebuff
    RiftUI at: http://riftui.com/downloads/info74-nkRebuff.html

Cheers
    N.

Quote Originally Posted by Naifu View Post
    As posted on riftUI this one is very strange. I can't see any reason why that saved variable being referenced at that point being boolean. Unless there's something I don't see there might by a problem with the API in terms of timing two system event addon.load.end and savedvariables.load.end.

Doesn't it work at all or did the error dissapear on second login? Can you please open the configuration and hit the 'delete all data' button and see if that helps?

The exact same error was reported for nkRebuff V1.7 and I didn't find any reason for it there either. I'm totally at loss here.

Cheers
    N.
    I found the culprit. I hadn't deleted my SavedVariables inmy other characters so it was always prompting that error. It's now fixed, thanks Naifu!

Champion

Got an update out which will work along with a new version of nkWardrobe which I also released a few seconds ago. This new version will fix a lot of small problems introduced in 2.0.0.

I hope that I got everything covered so that I'll not be needing to do any big updates soon. This has felt like having a second 40h/week job on top of my regular work during the last week. I'm feeling a bit burned out at the moment so don't expect any major updates soon unless something fundamentaley breaks down.

Cheers
    N.

Version 2.0.1 changelog

* bar setup can now be exported and imported to / from global settings to ease twink setup
    * added global API for giving other addons access to certain functionality (namely nkWardrobe)
    * checkbox 'only for current role' no longer available for lists of buffs / debuff of others
    * added /nkrb as a valid command line option
    * bug fix: debuffs for others will no longer be filtered by default
    * bug fix: toggling activation of a debuff of others will now work
    * bug fix: wrong set numbers > number of sets will be ignored when trying to switch set
    * bug fix: sets can now once again set using the /nkrebuff set=# command
    * bug fix: setting sets by command line is no longer limited to 6 sets

/gives Naifu three pints of mead :beer:

Any chance you can allow us to adjust the transparency of the buffs, similar to v1.7 by any chance?

Champion

A detailled documentation of the addon can now be found on my blog at nkaddons.blogspot.com

Cheers
    N.

I just tried out the latest version today and had to give up on it.

After v1.6 (of nkRebuff, not the game) it started showing my permanent buffs all the time no matter how I set things, they would only go away if I actually canceled the buff. Similar with temporary buffs. This is exactly backwards of what 1.6 did which only notified me when a buff (permanent or temp) actually expired or was about to. Also, one of my permanent (cleric) buffs shows up both as a permanent buff and as a temporary buff, it should only show as a permanent one. That particular buff ends up showing in the permanent, temp, and active bars, it goes away from the active bar when it expires but not the other 2 bars.

I'd still be using 1.6 which does still work right with game version 1.7, and which doesn't work backwards for me, except it doesn't recognize one of my permanent cleric buffs at all. But I don't see others complaining about this sort of thing here or on the download page, so why am I the only one having issues for so long with all versions after 1.6 working backwards? The issues remain even with deleting the saved variables as well as the nkRebuff addon folder and doing a reinstall. It's not usable for me anymore, as it's not warning me when buffs are about to expire and it's showing the warning icons when they are not expired instead of when they are.
    Last edited by Taptap; 02-29-2012 at 07:03 AM.

First off I must say, I love this addon. I did have some issues with this new version, it wont save the set unless I restart the game and it still does that but now that I got each of them saved for my roles its no issue now that I have them all set up but it would be nice if this was fixed. The only thing other then that was that I had to set up all my buffs,cooldowns,debuffs,ect agian but now that I will not have to do it agian its all good...

Now that everything is set up it works great and I really couldnt play as good as I do with out this addon. Being a Rogue my buffs are what keeps me alive. Leeching Posion, Fell Blades, ect... When they go you go and now that I can keep track of them 100% it is so much better. I must say that if you are a PvPer you need this addon. It will help your game a lot. I am starting to use this addon more for cooldowns as well and now that everything is set up it is great.

Besides the issue with having to restart the game in order for your set to save this addon is 100% and there have been no flaws I can find...

Thank you for a great addon it has saved my *** many times..

is it possible to track a buff only when its on you? or only when its on the boss?

for example, as a mage, i want the icon of opportunity to pop up only when i get it so i can know to cast cinderburst. i don't care about when my opportunity is missing lol

it could also be useful for other buffs like knowing when flaring power or wild growth is up so that i can time my cooldowns

i've been using karuulalert for all my buffing and debuffing alerts but its a pain the arse and i want to swap to NKrebuff but i can't without this functionality
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-07-2012 at 08:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast