+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Developing Add-on Question

Default Developing Add-on Question

Hey Trion,

I was working on a project out of boredom and figured I change some of the Sprites but the goal is when players that are waiting for something like a queue or getting close to raid time. All they had to do is type /TFF *Telara Final Frontier*

This will bring up a Window within the game and pretty much disabling all of the rest of the commands.

So far its set up like an Arcade game with 1 player mode versus UI in Melee Combat Style.

Heroes:

Rosa - Mage *Guardian*
    Zephyr - Rogue *Defiant*
    Pindragon - Warrior *Defiant*
    Bishop - Cleric *Guardian*

Note
    : Player can choose Male or Female.

Villains:

Totek the Ancient
    Konstantin
    Captain Black Spit
    Warden Falidor

Boss:

Alsbeth
    Fallen Shyla
    Kain the Corrupt

Ofcourse I also have

12 extra characters you have to unlock.

* 4 Hidden Heroes which is part of the lore.
    * 4 Hidden Villains which is also part of the lore.
    * 4 Secret Characters which you have to figure out to discover.

Environmental Back Grounds:

Greenscale's Room
    River of Souls - Alter of Alsbeth
    Hammerknell - Zilas Area
    Sanctum
    Meridian
    King's breach
    Deepstrike Mines

* 7 more secret Environmental backgrounds to unlock.

Unlock all the Characters and Achievements and Environments and a Secret Boss joins the Tournament.

Keyboard Commands:

P: Pause
    Space bar: Jump

W: High Punch
    A: High Kick
    S: Low Punch
    D: Low Kick

J: Select
    K: De-Select
    L: Music On/Off

I: Closes the game window.

Arrow Keys: Used to move around the Menu, Switching Costumes, and moving on the playing field.

So my question is Trion, can I continue on with my work or should I stop?

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, all sounds for Combat fighting, Background Music, and NPC and voices are the same sound files used within the game.
    Last edited by Toxen; 02-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    Hey Trion,

I was working on a project out of boredom and figured I change some of the Sprites but the goal is when players that are waiting for something like a queue or getting close to raid time. All they had to do is type /TFF *Telara Final Frontier*

This will bring up a Window within the game and pretty much disabling all of the rest of the commands.

So far its set up like an Arcade game with 1 player mode versus UI in Melee Combat Style.

Heroes:

Rosa - Mage *Guardian*
    Zephyr - Rogue *Defiant*
    Pindragon - Warrior *Defiant*
    Bishop - Cleric *Guardian*

Note
    : Player can choose Male or Female.

Villains:

Totek the Ancient
    Konstantin
    Captain Black Spit
    Warden Falidor

Boss:

Alsbeth
    Fallen Shyla
    Kain the Corrupt

Ofcourse I also have

12 extra characters you have to unlock.

* 4 Hidden Heroes which is part of the lore.
    * 4 Hidden Villains which is also part of the lore.
    * 4 Secret Characters which you have to figure out to discover.

Environmental Back Grounds:

Greenscale's Room
    River of Souls - Alter of Alsbeth
    Hammerknell - Zilas Area
    Sanctum
    Meridian
    King's breach
    Deepstrike Mines

* 7 more secret Environmental backgrounds to unlock.

Unlock all the Characters and Achievements and Environments and a Secret Boss joins the Tournament.

Keyboard Commands:

P: Pause
    Space bar: Jump

W: High Punch
    A: High Kick
    S: Low Punch
    D: Low Kick

J: Select
    K: De-Select
    L: Music On/Off

I: Closes the game window.

Arrow Keys: Used to move around the Menu, Switching Costumes, and moving on the playing field.

So my question is Trion, can I continue on with my work or should I stop?

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, all sounds for Combat fighting, Background Music, and NPC and voices are the same sound files used within the game.
    There's Tetris, I say go for it.

Default Final Post.

This account is now closed and will not be re-opened. This thread is discontinued.

The add-on I was making has been deleted, all materials, content, and WIP stuff.

This post is to inform Trion, so no copy right infringement can be used against me to be sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    This account is now closed and will not be re-opened. This thread is discontinued.

The add-on I was making has been deleted, all materials, content, and WIP stuff.

This post is to inform Trion, so no copy right infringement can be used against me to be sued.
    wow why such an extreme response? i'm pretty sure Trion can't sue you for making addons in their game, and from what i can tell, this doesn't violate any of the addon policies

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    RIFT™ User Interface Add-On Policy

Trion Worlds, Inc. (“Trion”) has created this policy to formalize the development and distribution of RIFT™ user interface add-ons created by members of the player community (referred to hereafter as "Add-Ons"). The purpose of this policy is to ensure the integrity of RIFT and to continue promoting an enjoyable gaming environment for our players. Failure to abide by the policy may result in measures up to and including formal legal action.
    1. All Add-Ons must abide by the RIFT End User License Agreement and Trion’s Terms of Use.
    2. All Add-Ons, including all versions thereof and all features therein, must be distributed free of charge. Further, Developers may not charge money, or any other form of compensation, for services related to the Add-On.
    3. Addons may not include advertisements of any kind, including in-game requests for donations, unless expressly permitted by Trion.
    4. Add-Ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material, and must comply with the ESRB ‘T’ rating (and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world) for RIFT.
    5. All Add-On code must be completely visible, not hidden or obfuscated in any way, and freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.
    6. Add-Ons may not negatively impact RIFT, its shards or other players, including, without limitation, excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, or causing slow frame rates.
    7. Trion reserves the right to disable any Add-On or Add-On functionality at its sole discretion.
    If you have any questions about this User Interface Add-On Policy and/or how it pertains to any Add-On that you have developed, please email us at addons@RIFTgame.com.
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 03-04-2012 at 05:14 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I assume it's just a side-effect of quitting.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread