+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ahkaren
  • 2 Post By TimeBomb

Thread: [Addon Request] Notes/Notepad

Default [Addon Request] Notes/Notepad

I am looking for an Addon so that I can write down notes, /locs, names, etc. in-game, really just a notepad type Addon. Is there a such thing now and or can it be done with the current API?

If it is out there can someone link it please?

*** EDIT ***

I found this: http://www.riftui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=86#info

I left a message to the author about what I am wanting, will this work for what I am needing?
    Last edited by Custom; 02-02-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Wording, found a possible addon
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Rift Disciple

I think this is something that is definitely doable with the current API set.

Unfortunately I really don't have the time to do it myself. I'm working on my AH project as soon as I have some spare time.

maybe when I'll be done with it I'll look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshizzle View Post
    I think this is something that is definitely doable with the current API set.

Unfortunately I really don't have the time to do it myself. I'm working on my AH project as soon as I have some spare time.

maybe when I'll be done with it I'll look into this.

Thank you, that would be nice.
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

I am still looking if anyone has, or knows of an Addon.

Rift Disciple

i use macro place as a notepad

Quote Originally Posted by Ahkaren View Post
    i use macro place as a notepad

Interesting, I never thought about that

Would anyone be interested in making this AddOn? I was using a Macro like the other poster said but I need something more stream lined for easy edits, opens, saves, etc.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Custom View Post
    Would anyone be interested in making this AddOn? I was using a Macro like the other poster said but I need something more stream lined for easy edits, opens, saves, etc.
    I just spent an hour or two creating this addon for you. It is currently being uploaded to riftui.com, and once approved, should be viewable/downloadable at:
    http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info186-Notepad.html

Preview: http://i.imgur.com/vdjoi.png
    A simple notepad addon that allows you to save text notes.

Notes are saved in account-wide profiles, and thus one character's notes can be easily viewed/modified by another character.

Currently, the only way to open Notepad is to type: /notepad
    To reset the UI(not the profiles) to default, type /notepad reset
    Please note that resetting notepad will revert all unsaved changes.
    Was good practice for me as well. I am still not very well acquainted with general RIFT Addon UI functionality, and developing this helped me quite a bit.

I apologize if there are any bugs. It is being uploaded as a beta addon. I did my best to test it, but it is very possible there are bugs. If any do pop up, just report them in the riftui.com addon's comment sections.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 02-19-2012 at 12:26 AM.

THANK YOU

+ Reply to Thread