+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any chance at a MinUI revival?

Default Any chance at a MinUI revival?

I have several reasons for asking about this Add-on.
    First (and I mean no offense or disrespect) it's far cleaner-looking than MyUI. However, it lacks a great deal of the fucntionality that MyUI has, including:
    1. Elite auras or marker. No way to tell if my target is elite or not... you find out after he starts hitting you tho!
    2. Raid Frames. There are no raid frames associated with MinUI. The MyUI raidframes don't display debuffs, which, for me as a healer, made them virtually useless. (if there was a command that I missed to turn these on, let me know- I'll feel stupid, but that's okay )
    3. Right-click functionality (I understand the API doesn't allow for this yet, but something to keep in the back of one's mind).

If anyone wants to sit down for a few and talk LUA 101, so I could even just rig something up for my own uses, I'd be grateful- I have a private vent server available for said discussion, or you can always PM me here. I might have the time to do something like this, but I would have no idea where to begin. I started looking through the development tools on RiftUI.com and got totally lost, lol!

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Soulwalker

Yeah, myUI is amazing but it lacks... visual appeal like minUI did. I saw on the Riftui forums someone asked if he could just import those bars or allow custom ones, but not much said after that. One can hope.

jca
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon0028 View Post
    [*]Raid Frames. There are no raid frames associated with MinUI. The MyUI raidframes don't display debuffs, which, for me as a healer, made them virtually useless. (if there was a command that I missed to turn these on, let me know- I'll feel stupid, but that's okay )
    I think it would be great if someone picked up minUI. It's not a competition and more options is always a good thing. I just wanted to correct you about the point above.

myUI buff/debuff display aren't tied directly to the raid frames but rather are part of the buff module. You can display buffs/debuffs for any frames you want to and position them however you want. You can filter by caster, whitelist, blacklist, etc. You can also assign macros to any mousebutton or use @mouseover macros. Same thing with the bar timers. Dig a little deeper into the settings (yeah I know there are a ton) and you'll probably find what you're looking for in terms of buff monitoring.

Shadowlander

I really wanted to be able to use MyUi but i just couldn't. Hopefully some 1.7 changes will help. Right now I can't get the buffbox to show any boss debuffs at all (I am playing a healer at the moment and only wish to see boss debuffs that I need to take action on). I can put on every debuff, but it takes up more than the entire raid frame, when I turn off player buffs, I can't see boss debuffs. I can see boss debuffs with the buff bar however that covers the players raid frame and then i can't see their health or their percentage. Mouseover macros don't work with these raid frames, and it's pretty annoying to try and get the default raid frames to perfectly align underneath to enable this functionality. I tried the built in macros but they just keep spitting LUA errors even when I set them back to default. If I wasn't a healer, and I did't need to see and quickly take action on raid frames, I would keep this layout, it's very clean, you can show just what pieces of information you want/need and set custom colors. Hopefully some of this will be fixed in the near future.

+ Reply to Thread