+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Naifu

Thread: nkAdvisor needs your help

Champion

Default nkAdvisor needs your help

In the upcoming Rift Patch 1.7 a lot of items as well as the loot in instances will be changed quite a lot. As Trion is not providing any information about these changes in advance, I'll end up having a lot of work getting nkAdvisor up to date.

The item database is extracted from a XML file which Trion provides on a weekly base. That's the easy part as long as they don't change the structure of that file. With increasing size of the file it just takes a bit more time. However I was able to streamline that process quite a lot in the last months.

There'll be no update of the nkAdvisor database until Trion publishes a new xml file with all known items. This will most probably not happen until the day of launch or even a week after. A new version of nkAdvisor will most likely not be available immediately upon launch of Rift Patch 1.7.

However there's going to be a lot of working due to the changing loot tables. All of the current loot tables have been compiled and put together manually by myself. There's no information available (other than the various web sites and actually playing the game and getting loot) where which item drops. I had to manually create the loot tables for the addon one by one. So the upcoming patch is a major nightmare for me in terms of getting nkAdvisor updated.

This is were your help is needed. Anybody visiting the PTS can help me correcting the loot tables. If you happen to run an instance on the PTS please compare the drops with the loot table of nkAdvisor. In case you find any differences please send me an mail at nkAddons@gmail.com including the following information:
    • Source (instance, rift, merchant) where the item is available
    • In case of an instance please report the mode (normal, expert, master)
    • In case of an instance please report the boss this item dropped
    • In case of a merchant please report the name and location
    • attach a screenshot of the item

These reports will help a lot in getting nkAdvisor up and running very soon after Patch 1.7 goes live.

You can follow the updates either through my new blog dedicated to my addons at nkAddons.blogspot.com or through twitter #Nai***ishi.

Thank you very much for your helpl!

Cheers
    N.
    Last edited by Naifu; 01-21-2012 at 02:33 AM.

Would it be easier or better for people to submit a /log and /discoverylog text file? Might be easier for data comparison, etc. I run these and submit them to ZAM (link to their up loader tool) so that database stays updated.
    Last edited by Custom; 01-21-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Wording
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Champion

Haven't really looked into the discovery log so far. But sounds like a very good idea. So yeah discovery log is fine as well I guess

Cheers
    N.

Champion

Just a reminder that with Rift Patch 1.7 this addon will not be up-to-date for a couple of days. Gathering the updates from all the various sources by myself will take a couple of days at least. As all the loot tables I have to maintain completely manually for the addon there's quite some work involved which will take a bit of time.

I haven't gotten a single piece of info on updated loot tables from player's on PTS. I really hope that the player community will show some support and send me updates in the upcoming days. See the initial post about how best to do that.

In addition I'm not sure when Trion will update the items file on the FTP server. Normally that happens on Wednesday. So if they haven't updated it today (didn't check) an updated database and nkAdvisor version will not be available until in a week's time.

Keep this in mind before complaining about the addon not being current at the moment. You'll find updates at my blog at nkAddons.blogspot.com.

Cheers
    N.

P.S.: If Trion will ever do such a big item update again consider the addon discontinued ...
    Last edited by Naifu; 02-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Did you look into the /discoverylog and /log? Do they contain all the info you need? Would I still need to enter boss name, drop, etc. as you originally posted if I use the /discoverylog?
    To be a healer you have to have a pure heart, one that will always think about others before yourself. My fellow man shall not fall as long as I have breathe. Trust me and stand by my side and you shall always be rewarded with life.

Champion

Discoverylog would work very well. I'd need to set up some parsing programm, but that should be fairly easy.

Cheers
    N.

I'll try to log as much as possible. I had my log going for a while... It's a 56mb file lol. I deleted it and am working on a new one. Hope I can delivery good data in time.

r92 released today was throwing an error on pressing save button on tab 3 to save change to stats values.

nkAdvisor/ui.lua line 319 attempt to index field fldSelType a nil value

called by nkAdvisor.tab3SaveButton:LeftPress

stack trace is line 319 in gridUpdate, line 312 save, line 177 func, in ui.lua then in nkGenie/button.lua line 113.

Hope this helps, thanks for a great addon.

Champion

Wow you're actually downloading my alpha releases? Just my be quite a masochist

Thanks for the info. It's actually a quite old error and will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Cheers
    N.

+ Reply to Thread