+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DKP addon?

Soulwalker

Default DKP addon?

Ive been looking for a addon to help us take logs of raids, we use shivtr.com and they lets us import a xml file that contains all the hours from the raid. They accept the xml format the WoW addons Headcount2, CT_RaidTracker or ML_RaidTracker use.

The only addon for DKP i have found is Attend and i dont think you can export anything from it.

How do guilds handle DKP today?

Grateful for some help in this matter and maybe someone gets an idea for a new Addon It just need to keep track of whos in the raid and when they joined and a option to add outsiders if they are on waiting list and once the raid is over export the time to a xml file.

Plane Walker

After loot distributed
    Have all link + Price
    Press Print Screen

Add information to website after raid

Might seem like a hassle, but it's quick and simple...

General of Telara

I'd say the easiest solution is to not use DKP systems for guild stuff

If not, a potential addon it seems like it should be easily doable in 1.7
    - We can already track people joining/leaving raids (1.7 will make os.time() availaible to get reliable timestamps)
    - For the export, you're somewhat screwed since the only file Rift API will write in is the saved variables file. But I guess it's always possible for the addon to generate the xml code in a window to copy/paste into notepad, save & upload.
    - There is no API for Chat / Loot Log / ... so the bids & drops would still have to be registered manually

Last part makes me think the interest for developping such an addon is pretty small at the moment (it always sucks to create something that will stay unfinished) but I might be wrong on that.

Soulwalker

Just to have a easy way to keep the earned DKP to be as easy as cutting and pasting a xml text will save us much manual job. The loot we already do manual, and its also much work but if we get 50% of the way its great
    Who knows maybe Trion opens up looted items for the addons soon, sounds like a trivial thing to do that wont cause any uncontrolled exploits.

+ Reply to Thread