+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Azounstone
  • 1 Post By AWHavoc

Thread: [Plug-In] KBM: Mark-It

Default [Plug-In] KBM: Mark-It

KBM Mark-It @ Curse (v0.0.5) - Also available directly via Curse Client v4 @ v0.0.5
    KBM Mark-It @ RiftUI (v0.0.4)

What is KBM MarkIt
    This Plug-In provides King Boss Mods a way to manage and interact with Rift marked units, whether they be friendly or hostile. You will need at least King Boss Mods v0.9.7 in order to use this Plug-In.

How it Works
    • Left Click: Select a currently marked unit if one exists. If there are none, this will do nothing. Once select, the Mark Frame will show the Unit's name, HP Bar and Percentage of HP. It will also create a Trigger enabled Cast Bar which can utilize KBM's encounter triggers.
    • Right Click: Your current target gains this Mark Frames mark and any existing unit with this mark will be removed. If you have no target and that mark is assigned to a unit, this will clear the mark.

Static Mode
    • This mode is a simple visual display of the targets currently Marked. These can hide and show automatically depending on which units are marked and if they are seen. You cannot target or mark with Mark Frames with this option enabled.
    Last edited by Semele; 02-21-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Default Not all bad

After some further testing. I'm not able to set a mark on the players focus. Could swear you could before. This doesn't change much, other than simplify it down to a left click set/target and possibly right click clear/remove.

Development is underway, and should see a beta at around the same time KBM v0.9.3 is released. This will have the Plug-In engine enabled.
    Last edited by Semele; 01-17-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Awesome work once again!

Without doubt KBM is the best add-on out there.

If you are interested in joining Imperium view our Recruitment Info

Quote Originally Posted by Azounstone View Post
    Awesome work once again!

Without doubt KBM is the best add-on out there.
    Thanks!

Just to let everyone know, that a first draft release is out. It was tested during Inwar tonight and is stable. Scaling options are currently unfinished. But for the most part it'll be customizable enough to not be an eyesore. I would like to field test the new engine though and see if any glitches arise. Plug-Ins should NOT affect KBM, so even if a rare case causes Mark-It to crash, KBM will function as normal.

Final note: If you wish to disable a mark, /reloadui to apply the settings. This will change in the next version and will update automatically.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

KBM Version
    * Change: Now requires at least v0.9.5 of King Boss Mods.

Options
    * New: You can now disable/enable Mark-It entirely. (while out of combat)
    * New: Enabling and Disabling frames will update instantly. (while out of combat)
    * Change: Interactive option has been removed until supported. (Always interactive)

German Translations
    * New: Interaktiver Modus.
    * New: Abheften vom Anker.
    * New: Fenster ist verschiebbar.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Default v0.0.5

KBM Version
    * Change: New requires at least v0.9.7 of King Boss Mods.

Menu Options
    * Change: Options now appear in KBM's new Plug-In tab.

Unit Frames
    * New: Update polling increased. Improved accuracy.
    * New: Castbars have been added to unit frames.
    * Fixed: Units being displayed in the upper corner even when disabled.

Pinned Mark Frames
    * New: These can now be moved as a group when enabled in the Menu (Settings)

Mark Frames
    * New: Now fades out to barely visible when not in use (by a unit)
    * New: When actively used (by a unit) becomes brighter.
    * New: When you move the mouse over them they become brighter.
    * Fixed: Stopped Mark changes overwriting other units incorrectly.
    ----
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Plane Walker

Love this, honestly, I find it to be the greatest thing ever added.

But, (don't you love it when someone says "but", I mean it usually means something bad is coming) is there any way there could be an option to make it not fade? Perhaps in a future release, or if I could change it myself in some coding or somewhere... (Is that allowed?) or something?

Great work on this though, it has sooo many uses it's amazing.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AWHavoc View Post
    Love this, honestly, I find it to be the greatest thing ever added.

But, (don't you love it when someone says "but", I mean it usually means something bad is coming) is there any way there could be an option to make it not fade? Perhaps in a future release, or if I could change it myself in some coding or somewhere... (Is that allowed?) or something?

Great work on this though, it has sooo many uses it's amazing.
    Yeah, I can certainly add the option to not fade out the Mark-Frames. Was a test to compromise with those who didn't want them visually noticeable when not in use.

And thank you! I was wondering if anyone found it as useful as I do. I'm glad a few people have picked up on this and can possibly see where it's heading once finished. (still some tidying up to do)

I think once the PvP crowd catch on to it there could end up being some pretty cutthroat battles on the horizon. Not to mention the utility it provides in on-the-fly PvE settings where things need to be adjusted to quickly and efficiently.
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Forgot to mention the temporary fix you can do yourself.

In the file MarkIt.lua change line number 29 from:
    Code:
    			Inactive = 0.2,
    to

Code:
    			Inactive = 1,
    This will stop the Mark-Frames from fading out when not in use. Hope this helps
    Rank 76 Guardian Mage

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Semele View Post
    Forgot to mention the temporary fix you can do yourself.

In the file MarkIt.lua change line number 29 from:
    Code:
    			Inactive = 0.2,
    to

Code:
    			Inactive = 1,
    This will stop the Mark-Frames from fading out when not in use. Hope this helps
    Thank you very much!

Yeah, this has a lot of potential and once a few more people get wind of it I can see it becoming extremely popular.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

+ Reply to Thread