+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web access in game

Shadowlander

Default Web access in game

Hello,

Instead Wall guild, or another tab, why not add the ability to have access to web? as an iframe?

It's allowed to add access to the guild forum, or to a specific page? is the GM decides the page for example. or free access.

It would be in the game, external scripts, too, for a calendar (phpRaider)

It must be possible because of possible counter strike source.

No, it is not possible, and hopefully never, ever will be possible. Uncontrolled web access = attack vector for viral activity.

Hmmmm for better or for worse, I sit corrected. I don't care for this ability, as a workaround or something built-in. Web access within the game terrifies me for all the malicious reasons it should terrify anyone. However, check out Kiroshiro's response. http://www.riftui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203

Shadowlander

Thank you, so actually it's possible, but if everyone goes through Valve ... With the launcher ca be possible in this case. Just as they adapted a Trion Laucher as Steam ...

Now the reasons known about the virus, I do not believe, or at least enough to counter. In any case I think this idea needs to be widened, because the players just to go on the forum is better

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

A general-purpose web browser would be huge and problematic. Limited access would likely be useful, and any access at all would pretty much open the door to arbitrary live information exchange with external programs, which I think most people disapprove of.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

If I asked that, it was mainly due to the absence of a calendar for registration raid in the game! Are there any news on this calendar?

+ Reply to Thread