+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request for DPS meter authors

Default Request for DPS meter authors

I have a few features that i'd like to request from the DPS meter authors (if any of them are still active)

1) i've been trying to track my DoT uptime percentages using ACT custom triggers (because no parser or dps meter for rift does this that i can find) and i managed to get it working but its a LONG and complicated process involving excel and i don't want to have to repeat it for each boss fight/dummy parse. it would be amazing if this could be included into an in-game dps meter

2) the author of rift meter said a while back that he was planning on adding mitigation stats (dodge/parry/block/blocked amount) to his dps meter but since then its been over a month since he's posted anything on these forums

on a separate note, does anyone else feel like the addon community is kind of dead? curse hardly has any updates or new addons anymore. is it a limitation of the API? or is it just because we are all so used to not having addons that they aren't very popular? either way it makes me sad

I'd really love to replace ACT and Riftlogs someday with a superior in-game addon
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 01-09-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    on a separate note, does anyone else feel like the addon community is kind of dead? curse hardly has any updates or new addons anymore. is it a limitation of the API? or is it just because we are all so used to not having addons that they aren't very popular? either way it makes me sad
    Not dead, stalled. There is only so much authors can do with the existing API. I have a couple of addons I am working on quietly in the free time I allot (a Broker display bar, a death clock, and a rep/noteriety bar) but I am focused on playing the game. No amount of "hey, that is awesome, get that done NAO!" will speed my work up. When they are done, they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Not dead, stalled. There is only so much authors can do with the existing API. I have a couple of addons I am working on quietly in the free time I allot (a Broker display bar, a death clock, and a rep/noteriety bar) but I am focused on playing the game. No amount of "hey, that is awesome, get that done NAO!" will speed my work up. When they are done, they are done.
    yea i figured it was an API thing

i guess i'm just used to the game i used to play where there were almost no limitations on the API and there were so many different types of crazy addons, whatever you could think of (which was both good and bad) which really kept my interest

2) the author of rift meter said a while back that he was planning on adding mitigation stats (dodge/parry/block/blocked amount) to his dps meter but since then its been over a month since he's posted anything on these forums
    Here you go:
    http://www.curse.com/addons/rift/rift-meter

New mode: Ability stats
    New sort modes: Overkill done, Healing taken, Overhealing done
    Copy function
    New icon buttons: Jump to current combat, copy, end combat manually
    Various bug fixes

ya, the API is still very limited. No alpha blending for textures
    Last edited by chuckySTAR; 01-13-2012 at 05:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread