+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request: Cleanse Parser

Rift Disciple

Default Request: Cleanse Parser

I was wondering if it is possible to make a cleanse parser. I like to compete with the other clerics when we HK and it would be nice to post the cleanse count. Just a simple way to post, anything would be nice. Thanks for the replies, and feel free to ask away.

Shield of Telara

Does it even show up in the combat log?

*not trying to be a jerk, not sure if it records it.*

Rift Disciple

Ah, I didn't even think about how the combat log would store it. I guess a better way to do it would be to just manually count how many times the user casts the spell. Since you cant cast a cleanse unless there is something to cleanse I think this might be a viable alternative. Thanks for the input. I was thinking it could post like this:

user1: single-1/group-3 user2: single-10/group-0

Thanks again for input. **Crosses fingers**
    Last edited by mxdiz; 01-03-2012 at 04:37 AM.

General of Telara

Ingame combat log (and the CombatLog.txt too I guess) only show "Debuff vanished from Ethanol" for both cleansing & debuffs running out.

Also, I'm pretty sure Event.Unit.Castbar won't trigger on instant casts, but I might be wrong. If it doesn't, such an addon won't be possible until we get an Event.Combat.Dispel

Telaran

This is not possible to do atm. The combatlogs don't show cleanses and the API doesn't know about them either. Castbars never show up for instacasts.

Tracking debuffs expiring prematurely also won't work... there is a lot of reasons why a debuff can end prematurely. And even if you could, you wouldn't know who cleansed it.

Long ago I posted a request for an Event.Combat.____ that would include all non-damage combat events (interrupts, cleanses, ...). But I guess this is not easy to implement. I think that before we see these events in the API the combatlog will have to include them.

This would be really nice to have. Interrupts and cleanse tracking is an issue now.
    Last edited by Matrix; 01-03-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

So it wouldn't be possible to watch the combat log for someone to cast a skill from a predefined list? This way it wouldn't have the trouble of looking for who got cleansed, but who casts the cleanse. It wouldn't correctly count the amount of cleanses actually done by the group cleanses but that is okay. I think something like this may be possible with ACT by using triggers and then tracking them? I guess it sounds like I might have to give up on this addon

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    So it wouldn't be possible to watch the combat log for someone to cast a skill from a predefined list? This way it wouldn't have the trouble of looking for who got cleansed, but who casts the cleanse. It wouldn't correctly count the amount of cleanses actually done by the group cleanses but that is okay. I think something like this may be possible with ACT by using triggers and then tracking them? I guess it sounds like I might have to give up on this addon
    That's the issue, nothing gets added to combat log when you cast a cleanse. Only a line about a debuff vanishing (which is the same text than debuffs expiring, being removed when you die, ...)

Rift Disciple

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for the replies, hopefully the API is updated soon

It's the same reason you can't track shields as part of an HPS parse -- nothing shows up in the combat log when the shield is cast. It sucks.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread