+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Suggestions to improve rift

Soulwalker

Default New Suggestions to improve rift

1.) Make it so that both Guards and Defiants AC houses are all linked. Why? b.c ppl are already making opposite faction charcters and selling stuff from side to side anyway. How? Lore, just make some common faction that travels from town to town trades with all.

2.) Try to make arena for rift I'm bored with pvp plz thank you!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jwrath View Post
    1.) Make it so that both Guards and Defiants AC houses are all linked. Why? b.c ppl are already making opposite faction charcters and selling stuff from side to side anyway. How? Lore, just make some common faction that travels from town to town trades with all.

2.) Try to make arena for rift I'm bored with pvp plz thank you!
    I have to ask, cause it's something that I see posted a lot on these forums.

Do you guys have inkling as to the amount of rebalancing and class/soul work they'de have to do if they wanted to put some sort of Arena system in the game?

Because it's not a small amount. Blizzard dev's have come out and said flat out that an Arena system in an MMO is the worst thing a company can do for their MMO as from there on pretty much EVERYTHING gets balanced around it.

Especially if you're doing rewards and rankings and such.

Trion would be better off scrapping Rift and making a new PvP based MMO with arena in mind during design than to try and balance the 200+ class combos in rift.
    Swishers - Cleric - 4/4 FT, 3/5 EE, 4/4 DQ

Soulwalker

Default Yes!

Well maybe not make a whole new ranking system with arena or anything like that; They could just keep the matches done by rank like P1-3 and P3-5 and P5-8 or just take the highest person ranking.. ie if your rank 1 but are teamed up with a rank 8 that ud be match up with P5-8....And have it reward Favor and Presitege. I'm just looking for some straight foward battles that are for like 3v3 or 5v5 with out having to hold a "Fang" that kills you or w.e.... I'm not suggestion them make a whole new system, gear or weapons for it, unless they wanted to up to them.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Doesn't matter. If Arena exists, all PvP rules have to be balanced around it. Since Arena is highly focused on terrain-free burst damage, that means that all builds which trade off ANY burst damage for utility are penalized heavily. So... If you fix that, they become massively overpowered in open world stuff, so the ultimate result is the elimination of any build that isn't about burst damage or surviving burst damage.

It sucks.

You can't make a meaningful arena system and still have other things work.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Um, what does either option have to do with the addon system? Absolutely nothing. To the OP: post your suggestions in the suggestions thread. This forum section is for addons and UI modding.

+ Reply to Thread