+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SpartanUI like request

Default SpartanUI like request

I have all my bars and such at the bottom of my screen. Somewhat fashioned like SpartanUI from WoW. Was wondering if anything artsy like that could be done in Rift.
    Last edited by Am0n; 12-28-2011 at 02:15 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

=[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
    "You lost me at Balance"

It can be done, of a sort. We can make unit frames, but they are non-interactive, so you would have to use the base UI frames, move them under the new frames, and turn the alpha to 0. We can't do anything with the minimap, so you would have to move and scale the default too.

Nobody has designed frames to look like the SpartanUI frames yet, but that can be done. The other thing SUI does that we cannot do right now, is it creates a viewport. Meaning it bumps the bottom section of the screen up and puts its frames in the space. That way you do not hide what is going on in the game world.

Further thoughts: you would also have to move, scale, and set the alpha to 0 for all the action bars. Currently, we have no APIs to retrieve XP or Noteriety, so those displays would be duds.

And at no point can an addon, that I know of, automate the install process. The end user would have to do all the tricky parts with the base UI themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorandii View Post
    Further thoughts: you would also have to move, scale, and set the alpha to 0 for all the action bars. Currently, we have no APIs to retrieve XP or Noteriety, so those displays would be duds.

And at no point can an addon, that I know of, automate the install process. The end user would have to do all the tricky parts with the base UI themself.
    I wouldnt mind doing that I just want the cool looking actionbar outline like thing and spot for the map running along the bottom of the screen =P

I already have my map at the bottom center, wouldnt be a big deal to tweak it a bit. i wish I understood LUA I'd work on it myself.

Or atleast worked less to do some studying on it.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Actually I was thinking,

Note: 0 programming knowledge so bare with me..

Would it be possible to make up a unit frame, and instead of measuring it out and putting slots to drop the map on and my action bars, could you just make a solid unit frame with the cool little doodles like spartanui, and make it so I could place the map in game on top of it as well as the action bars?

Or would it be impossible to make them not hide behind it?
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread