+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [ADDON] nkZoo

Champion

Default [ADDON] nkZoo

Avaialble at rifui.com and curse.com as soon as approval is through.

nkZoo is a rather simpel addon targted at people who like to collect different mounts. The addon will create a new action button (default below the standard minimap position). By clicking this action button the addon will mount you on a random mount. Each time you mount through this button you should end up on a different mount you own.

Before you can use the button you have to tell the addon which mounts you own. Unfortunately that information is not yet automatically retrieved in the current release. However this might change in future releases.

Simply access the configuration either through the 'nkButton' which also appears to the left of the minimap or by 'middle clicking' the new mount button. In the configuration you get a list of all mounts the addon knows. Simply click on a line to tell it, to use this mount. You can select as many mounts as you own. By clicking again on a line you deselect that mount again.

Below the list you can change the scale of the mount button. If you do this, please click on the 'reload ui' button.

if you also use nkAdvisor please update that to the latest version 1.6.6. Due to an internal db change you'd end up having wrong item quality color otherwise.

Cheers
    N.

Another one of your mods finds its way to my game!

First, I love the new Zoo addon. For some reason the middle mouse button does not open the config window. Using /nkzoo and also using your all in one button works.

As a side note, you intend on a companion version?

As a further edit: seeing mounts that I have not used in a while is a great thing. Thank you!
    Last edited by MaddBomber83; 12-17-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    Another one of your mods finds its way to my game!

First, I love the new Zoo addon. For some reason the middle mouse button does not open the config window. Using /nkzoo and also using your all in one button works.

As a side note, you intend on a companion version?

As a further edit: seeing mounts that I have not used in a while is a great thing. Thank you!
    In fact I do plan to add companions, however I haven't looked into it if they can be called from an addon. This is something I plan to look into in the week to come.

That the middle mouse button doesn't work is kind of strange. Could maybe be a configuration problem on your side? I'll ask around my guild to see if another one has the problem. Good that you found the other two options to open config

Cheers
    N.

For the middle mouse button, you would be correct. I did not think of this, but my middle mouse button changes the sensitivity of my mouse. When I set it for 'Universal Scrolling' which I think is what most middle mouse buttons are, it works just fine with your addon.

For the companion; I was under the impression that they added macro support to the api and that you were using a macro in your addon to /use Horse Name. The same /use Companion Name works so I imagine the hardest part of your Companion Addon will be coming up with the name as someone already took Zoo ; ).

I would like to thank you once again for your addons. They are very clean and useful.

~ Sofie

Champion

The same /use Companion Name works so I imagine the hardest part of your Companion Addon will be coming up with the name as someone already took Zoo ; ).
    Hmm that name was kind of obvious wasn't it I'm very much into companions and collection them. Hadn't looked into the macro part so far. Depending on my free time the next couple of days, you can expect the companion part sooner or later. Maybe as a small christmas gift from me to the players

Cheers
    N.

Champion

New version now with companion support. Merry christmas everybody!

Cheers
    N.

Version 1.1.0

* Support for companions
    * scroll bar for grid lists
    * update configuration
    * configuration change will take effect without reloadui
    * redid all tooltip using the new nkGenie tooltip widget
    * a couple of bug fixes

* update of nkItemBase to V1.1.7
    > added pets to database
    > updated a couple of faction settings on mounts

* update of nkGenie to V1.2.2
    > new generic tooltip widget

Hello! The new pet feature is very nice. A couple of things.

There are some mounts that have the same name. I'm not sure there is anything you could do about this though. An example is the [Epic] Black Tail Vaiyuu Reins and the Green version with the same name. It will only cast the green one not the purple one.

There is a pet missing! It was one of the pets for collector's edition or maybe pre-order. I added the following text to your special.lua and the pet seems to work fine.

Code:
    ["F8AA8C1401010101"] = {q=3, de = "Scorched Collar", en = "Scorched Collar", fr = "Collier Scorched", useDE = "Beschwört einen Höllenhund Pup Begleiter Haustier.", useEN = "Summons a Hellhound Pup companion pet.", useFR = "Invoque un animal de compagnie Hellhound Pup." },
    Again, ty for the update!

Champion

Hello! The new pet feature is very nice. A couple of things.

There are some mounts that have the same name. I'm not sure there is anything you could do about this though. An example is the [Epic] Black Tail Vaiyuu Reins and the Green version with the same name. It will only cast the green one not the purple one.

There is a pet missing! It was one of the pets for collector's edition or maybe pre-order. I added the following text to your special.lua and the pet seems to work fine.

Code:
    ["F8AA8C1401010101"] = {q=3, de = "Scorched Collar", en = "Scorched Collar", fr = "Collier Scorched", useDE = "Beschwört einen Höllenhund Pup Begleiter Haustier.", useEN = "Summons a Hellhound Pup companion pet.", useFR = "Invoque un animal de compagnie Hellhound Pup." },
    Again, ty for the update!
    Thanks for the info about that pet. I'll post an update later today.

There's not much I can do regarding the two mounts with the same name. I use a dynamic macro to execute use the mount. So if two mounts have the same name ... :/

Cheers
    N.

Cool addon.

Any chance of adding all the horses, Naifu?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 02-22-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Hoses? Horses of course.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Cool addon.

Any chance of adding all the horses, Naifu?

Thanks.
    Yep, I dunno about the others but the Swift Platinum Armored War Horse Bridle is definitely missing.

When you find something is missing, I would recommend you find its link on Zam and post it here. I did that with a pet and (while they are easy to add yourself) he added it with the next refresh.

Champion

I released an update to fix the issue with the missing mount(s).

Cheers
    N.

Shadowlander

Hi Ascended!

I've offered to help Naifu with his amazing collection of addons, so I thought it might be a good idea to pull this thread back up to ask if anyone has any feature requests for nkZoo or is experiencing any problems with it. I will do my best to help continue development of the addon.

Cheers!

idk if it would be possible, but making the addon into a hotbar button (maybe through a slash command?) would be nice, currently i just resized it and put it over top of my hotbar but its kinda annoying that it's separate

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    idk if it would be possible, but making the addon into a hotbar button (maybe through a slash command?) would be nice, currently i just resized it and put it over top of my hotbar but its kinda annoying that it's separate
    Great idea, let me work on this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast