+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs

Thread: Stats Weight - "Gear Ratting" addon

Soulwalker

Default Stats Weight - "Gear Ratting" addon

I'm creating a Gear Rating/Score addon and I need to define the stats weight for every combination of Calling + Role, here's an example:

Cleric (Healer)

Wisdom: 100
    Intelligence: 90
    Spell Power: 85
    Spell Crit.: 80
    Max Mana: 80
    Mana Regen: 70

Cleric (DPS)

Wisdom: 100
    Intelligence: 95
    Spell Power: 90
    Spell Crit.: 85
    Max Mana: 70
    Mana Regen: 70

Cleric (Tanker)

Wisdom: ??
    Intelligence: ??
    Spell Power: ??
    Spell Crit.: ??
    Max Mana: ??
    Mana Regen: ??

The addon is ready (I'm using it with my Cleric Healer now), I just need to define the weight table every other combination.

I created a chart on Google Docs so you guys can help me: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...W01ZWVNY25ucFE

Currently, I can consider the following stats: "block", "critAttack", "critSpell", "dexterity", "dodge", "endurance", "energyMax", "energyRegen", "focus", "hit", "intelligence", "manaMax", "manaRegen", "movement", "parry", "powerAttack", "powerMax", "powerRegen", "powerSpell", "resistAir", "resistDeath", "resistEarth", "resistFire", "resistLife", "resistWater", "stealth", "stealthDetect", "strength" and "wisdom".

Do you guys know where I can find these weight tables or, maybe you guys can help me to define the the weight for every combination of Calling (Warrior, Cleric, Rogue and Mage) + Role (DPS, Healer, Tanker and Support)?

And yeah, at this first moment i will not differ ranged DPS from melee DPS.
    Last edited by TiuTalk; 12-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Shadowlander

Personally i think it would be better if u made user editable weights and just release the addon... Like make a UI where u need to enter in the stat weights yourself, and the addon will just show the total on a tooltip for a piece of gear.

Especially if it remembered your weights for each spec... Cause the issue you are going to run into is that someone is going to do a hybrid spec like 44 Shaman, 22 Justicar, 0 Sentinel. This is an AWESOME solo duracell spec. But it has DPS, Healing, and Tanking souls.

If you do take my consideration and post the addon on Curse, I am sure you will have 30,000 downloads easy.

Shadowlander

There will be fire.

P.S. - Nice work, up the link for download when you are done.

Prophet of Telara

I wouldnt rate int as high since they added mana to wisdom a few months ago. 8/10... maybe. Depending on specs too. For example dps specs rely on the +20% crit dmg buffs most of the time. So the higher the crit dmg buff is the higher the need for crit gets something like 46inq/10sham/10sent would benefit more from a crit capped geared cleric than one who goes for balanced stats in which case something like 51/10sent/5cab or warden would be better

he DID get hit by a bus it seems

#1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

I'll wager there will be significant QQ about this, as no two people will agree on the exact stat weights for given classes....especially with the flexability of roles (strength > dex for tanking warriors, dex > strength for DPS warriors in raids....but where's the sliding scale for your solo build? Things of this nature, etc.)
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Rift Disciple

You may want to consider how you're coming up with your weights, because they aren't very accurate.

First off, the ratio of spellpower to spell crit changes based not only on what souls you're using, but how many points in the souls. And, they are affected by caps and scaling.

Secondly, even if you just ignored that and went with a single scale, your weights are jacked. You put 1 Wisdom at 100, and 1 Spellpower at 85. Yet, 1 Wisdom only gives .75 Spellpower, so raw Spellpower is more valuable than raw Wisdom.

Before making an addon like this, you should really work to learn the math behind stat weights for every class, otherwise it will give horribly inaccurate results and could cause people to wear incorrect gear to increase their score (and actually get worse in the process) which would cause people to actively ignore and not group with people who mention the mod. If you're going to do it, do it right.

Plane Walker

Stat weights also change significantly when you hit something like crit cap...

In my opinion, just make an addon that adds up the SP/SC AP/Crit ap/block etc... that people get from gear (If you want to use it to judge someone else's gear.) or have values you can input yourself based on what's important (if you want to judge personal upgrades)

Honestly, an addon that added up how much crit and ap/sp (and mana I guess) an item provided, would be kind of awesome...

Recap: allow people to put values in themselves.

Plane Walker

Gear ratings really vary greatly on the individual character and what they specifically have or might lack.

That and... please, I don't want 'gearscore' being used here. It was stupid in another game and will be stupid here too. This starts leaning the game to that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    Gear ratings really vary greatly on the individual character and what they specifically have or might lack.

That and... please, I don't want 'gearscore' being used here. It was stupid in another game and will be stupid here too. This starts leaning the game to that trend.
    So how many Gearscore threads, attempts have there been in the past? I can recall at least 20+ and each have always said the same thing. NO

Simply put most of us don't want them. You want to write something for your own use great but I doubt you'll see much support for it and I do believe Trion had made some modifications to code that stopped one or it wasn't ever functional can't remember which.

At any rate again not sure how many will chime in here but NO to any gear score addon

you could make a gearscore addon, but if its not done perfectly it will likely destroy any community this game has left. no pressure or anything...

one method would be to let everyone tweak the stat ratings to their own choosing, that way when the "high and mighty's" are up on there throne judging everyone, other people can know its just their own opinion
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 12-31-2011 at 11:34 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aalnyan View Post
    So how many Gearscore threads, attempts have there been in the past? I can recall at least 20+ and each have always said the same thing. NO

Simply put most of us don't want them.
    There's a distinction between rating gear you are thinking of equipping and rating other peoples' gear.

That said: Lots of people very loudly oppose gearscore, but fundamentally, I don't think gearscore was ever the issue. There wasn't a gay-bashing mod in WoW, but people did that all the time. The problem there wasn't that the existance of a mod which can rate gear (or rate someone else's gear) is a huge problem; it was that Blizzard's choices about marketing to kids and not enforcing their rules were starting to take effect, producing a dysfunctional community.

You want to write something for your own use great but I doubt you'll see much support for it and I do believe Trion had made some modifications to code that stopped one or it wasn't ever functional can't remember which.
    Well, given that there's never been a way to look at anyone else's gear through the addon API, I'd bet on "wasn't ever functional".

At any rate again not sure how many will chime in here but NO to any gear score addon
    Eh, get over it. Gearscore is a tool; what matters is whether the person using it is also a tool.

I used gearscore in WoW. Here's what I did with it:

1. If the people advertising a group listed a GS requirement, I didn't talk to them, because I knew I would not enjoy their group.
    2. When I entered a dungeon, if I was tanking, I inspected the healer, and if I was healing, I inspected the tank. (I never queued as DPS.) If their GS was near or under 4k, I sent them a tell saying I'd be glad to run more dungeons with them if they were gearing up.
    3. I set my DPS meter to report DPS divided by gearscore, rather than raw DPS, because this invariably revealed the people asking for DPS meter posts to be incompetent.

I had a great time. I had the two tools everyone said were horrible, and I used them to make the game more fun, make friends, and so on.

Take responsibility for your own choices, and these addons will hold no fear for you.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

also on a separate note, your stat weights that you listed are TERRIBLY wrong, use the BiS lists that are already in existance to base your stat weights on

for example: radak's justicar spreadsheet, and the BiS list made by Bowler Hat

also FYI you cannot base your "score" on wisdom or int, or any of the primary stats because those serve no purpose other than to increase the secondary stats like spellpower and spellcrit, dodge, block, parry, HP, ect.

its the secondary stats that actually interact with the game world so your score MUST be based on those because talents can modify the stats in ways that your addon cannot predict

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    also FYI you cannot base your "score" on wisdom or int, or any of the primary stats because those serve no purpose other than to increase the secondary stats like spellpower and spellcrit, dodge, block, parry, HP, ect.

its the secondary stats that actually interact with the game world so your score MUST be based on those because talents can modify the stats in ways that your addon cannot predict
    Well, that's the thing. You can't measure how much spell power you actually get from 10 int, because it can change...
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

OP: I can't take you seriously because of your spelling. Why would anyone want to rat gear?

Seebs: if there were API for checking talent bonuses, it'd be a matter of checking existing talents.
    Feminism is the radical notion that women are people.

Soulwalker

Default nkAdvisor

if you want a addon that give you stats on gear then look at nkAdvisor. It show you the difference and actual stat between your equipped gear and dungeon drops, a bit like a marrige between Atlas and Pawn on wow.

+ Reply to Thread